Thread: Muellerized suspension is a fabulous upgrade!

Cars
    2011 Evo X GSR

Muellerized suspension is a fabulous upgrade!

So, I stopped by Muellerized last Saturday (after making an appointmentÂ* ) to have some final bits added to my Evo X's suspension.Â* Last year I had a set of Muellerized Ohlins coil-overs and their Whiteline Racing rear anti-sway bar put in place.Â* They have been working very nicely on the street (and a few track days).Â* Now to finish up the front half right.

I had some components installed by another shop way back when.Â* And they were not doing the job.

John, and his guys, completed the installation of a front anti-sway bar, front bushings, and rear camber bolts (I asked for Evo IX slotted bolts).Â* During the work, John ensured the coil overs were set up properly, re-configured the anti-sway bars (now that the proper bars were at both ends), and carefully tested everything out.

Wow!Â* Now it handles like a Supercar!Â*

Thank you John and Orlando for the great suspension work.Â* The drive home was fun.Â* Now to do a few track days and try it out where these upgrades belong.

--
    John M.

Re: Muellerized suspension is a fabulous upgrade!

What does the 9 bolt do vs stock?

Did you get a roll center kit installed?

Cars
    2011 Evo X GSR

Quote Originally Posted by rcantuc
    What does the 9 bolt do vs stock?

Did you get a roll center kit installed?
    The stock Evo X rear control arm bolts have a "funny" key-way that rotates the eccentric washers on the lower control arm.Â* The grove (key-way) is small and can be striped out easily by alignment techs that are unfamiliar with Evo alignment.Â* The Evo 9 bolts have a large, flat side which is machined into the bolt and prevents the problem.Â* I think it is a more sound adjustment design.

And I already had a roll center kit installed on the car.Â* Works great with the Ohlins coil over package that Muellerized installed on my Evo X during my previous visit!

Good to know about that bolt

pikadosboy

I'm thinking about going with ohlins this year, ill have to stop by mullerizr one of this day and talk with adrian about how much $$$ will I need.