Thread: how long did it take for your eibach springs to settle?

how long did it take for your eibach springs to settle?

I just installed my eibach pro kit springs on my evo last saturday and I keep hearing a lot of squeaking and rubbing on the passenger front wheel but I don't see any parts rubbing when I take the wheel off. Has anyone else had this? Is it just the springs settling in? If so why would i only hear sqeaking on one strut? I took the strut off and back on and made sure everything was tight

Re: how long did it take for your eibach springs to settle?

I'd try looking to make sure the spring is sitting correctly on the strut.

other than that just double check every nut and bolt.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

The worse that they are installed (all crooked, half out of the perch, the end of the coil not clocked...) the more time they take to settle into their correct spot. Quality metal (Eibach, Swift...) does not move or take a settle. Chinese spring metal will continue to sag through it's whole life.

Mike W

Yeah I made sure the end of the coil went into the grove wherd it won't move any more... I'm taking it off right now to check if maybe it moved

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR

Just double check everything, let us knw what u found
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Ok I lifted the car and took the wheel off and checked everything. The spring is in the correct position with the end of the coil in the groove of the strut.... but I shook the strut to see if I could find any play and it looked good. Now I shook the spring and it moves a bit.... I took the strut off and compressed it again and tightened the top to make sure that there was no play.. I put it back and but it still has a little play. Once I lower the car a bit with the wheel on and close to the ground I manage to get my hands in between the fender and wheel and move the spring and now it doesn't move but I havent had a chance to drive around the block to see if I still hear the clunking sound...

Here is a pic showing the spring is in the correct position

I got a chance to drive it and the noise went away but later on the noise comes back...