Thread: KT Motoring can have my first newborn!

Experienced
    Cars
    2011 Evo X GSR, 2015 Toyota Highlander, 2008 Kawasaki ZX6R, 2004 CBR600RR

KT Motoring can have my first newborn!

No but in all seriousness KT Motoring is the sh*t.

WARNING***** LONG READ AHEAD******** Scroll to bottom for cliff notes

Here's my story

It's your typical "I want more power so I went e85 story"

The End.

Now here's my experience with KT Motoring

Upon deciding to convert to e85, I began doing some research on shops, calling around, etc... knowing that we are fortunate to have a lot of great shops here in Socal, I was researching like crazy to find which shop I felt would work for me the best. Ben (AZIAN) told me about KT Motoring and about Phil and his tune. Also that night I PMed Derrick (DTUNEDEVOX) and he had nothing but nice things to say.Â* So the following day, I decided to drive out 1.5 hours to the shop to meet everyone during their Tuesday night meets. Usually when I go to meets it's kind of difficult sometimes to say hi because there a many separate groups but when I arrived at KT, everyone was welcoming and friendly. There was none of this "who's the new guy?" thing. Anyways I met Khiem, Phil, and Dima and decided to ask them a few questions about how they can help me reach my goal etc. Overhearing my question about how the tunes are there, Vince (Chento13) (one of the guys) threw me the keys to his car and said "take it for a spin!" I was in disbelief that someone that I didn't even know and just met is trusting me to drive their car. So... after driving a KT tuned car, I was sold. Over the next few weeks I began to show up and ask more questions about my goals and began to accumulate the parts needed for e85.

I scheduled to get a dual map tune on Feb 26. Dr. Phil which happened to be Khiem's surprise birthday party as well. So they install the parts and strap the car on the dyno. On the first pull my car didn't sound right, there was hesitation right after WOT. I was right they came out of my car and told me that something was off. Khiem, Phil and 5 other guys spent a few hours try to go down the checklist and properly diagnose my problem. What amazed me that although there was a surprise party for Khiem and 30+people were there for him, he went out of his way to personally look/work on my car. I felt bad and wanted to call it quits but the guys at KT kept reassuring me that it was ok and they would keep trying. So that night 1 AM comes and everyone decided to call it a night. The verdict was something was up with either A) The flapper B)The Wastegate Actuator or C)the turbo fins.

Discouraged, I decided to flash my car back to stock and try something else. Phil was kind enough to let me borrow his stock airbox and cat. That was another + for me. I mean, he barely knew me and he went out of his way to let me borrow a few parts. After researching about my symptoms and such, I decided on trying to fix the WGA itself before jumping the gun and doing a turbo upgrade. I bought a FP WGA with the 18# spring and decided to give KT a call and reschedule my tune (YESTERDAY). Again I went there hoping for the best but bracing for the worst. with the FP18psi WGA and Dr. Phil's magic touch, my car churned out 301whp/305wtq on 91 and 335whp/328wtq on E85 on the heart breaker.Â*

I just want to say thanks to Khiem for keeping your cool even though I asked a bunch of questions and bugged the crap out of you. Phil, for letting me borrow your stock parts and hooking me up with safe and healthy TQ!!! DIMA, for welcoming me the first night and answering all the questions I had about the shop. Ben (AZIAN) for helping me fix my problem and being my go to tech guy anytime I have a question about my car. And to the crew at KT Motoring or being nice and welcoming.

If any of you new or existing owners want an honest and down to earth shop with great business ethics give KT Motoring call or PM. Like I said earlier, although there are many great shops here in Socal I'm glad I went to KT Motoring, Based solely on how nice they were, they have earned a 100% of my support towards their business for the life of my EVO. I'll drive the 1.5 hours just for KT Motoring

Thanks for Reading/Skimming

-Jay

Cliff Notes: wanted to go e85, found KTKT Motoringran into mechanical issues, fixed mechanical issues, got dual map/retuned, 301/305 on 91 335/328 on E85, happy.

Mods are Injen Intake/UICP, RRE Test Pipe, RRE Sideways Stealth, FP18psi WGA, ID1000cc Injectors, Walbro255 Blaqops kit. Dr. Phil secret sauce O0

KT Motoring
    91/e85 tune by Dr. Phil

Experienced
    Cars

Re: KT Motoring can have my first newborn!

here are some pictures from the first tuning date....

My Evo

GTR vs. Evo 9

Dima and Khiem :thewave:

SCE

DIMA's X

Dr. Phil's X

Gordan's IX

I'll post more later lol...

thanks for looking!

KT Motoring
    91/e85 tune by Dr. Phil

Cars
    Skyline GT-R, E39 m5(Daily)

O0 gald to hear that she is finally running great!

Quote Originally Posted by EvoIX007 View Post
    I need more Dima

-Dima

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R

Kudos to KT Motoring! Glad to see you're up and running! Enjoy the new found power!!!

Great write up on a great shop! Props to my peeps at KTM O0

Cars
    8 MR, 10 GSR, EG6, CRV

Nicely done Jay.
    Glad its finally sorted. Nice numbers O0
    *KTMotoring Tuned*

Cars
    WW Evo X

Awesome write up Jay!

BTW..that was my car you drove

Now you have more ponies than I..LOL
    Tuned by KTMotoring-Dr. Phil..

Experienced
    Cars

@chento13 lol thanks man! You were one of the deciding factors why I went through with KT.

KT Motoring
    91/e85 tune by Dr. Phil

Cars
    WW Evo X

Quote Originally Posted by boosties
    @chento13 lol thanks man! You were one of the deciding factors why I went through with KT.
    Dude awesome! O0

KTM for the win.... :skid:

Cars
    2003 Evo 8 GSR and 2015 Subaru Forester 2008 Lancer
    Kt motoring ftw!!!!

Cars
    EVO X MR
    fochizzle!!!

Nice write up
    Shops like this will continue to have great success

Cars
    WW IX MR, Honda Accord
    Never saw this thread until right now LOL

ywkf.jpg
    Last edited by Azian; 04-04-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    KT Motoring'Robispec

Fast cars drag race, fast drivers road race.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    evo
    i dont know how threads like this ever happen cause everytime i go over there they are always eating

Cars
    WW Evo X
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingscot too View Post
    i dont know how threads like this ever happen cause everytime i go over there they are always eating
    ^^^LOL..good people, good food!

hahaha...for some reason you always show up during lunch. Should we order extra next time?

Kevin, do you have a new screen name or a doppleganger?
    Good peps at KTM!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Cars
    Skyline GT-R, E39 m5(Daily)
    extra plate of calamari from that thai place for j00?!

Quote Originally Posted by EvoIX007 View Post
    I need more Dima

-Dima

Cars
    2008 RR Evo X
    You guys are awesome! After I bought my highly modified then turned to stock X, I took it to KTMotoring to get my clutch replaced. Once Jay pulled everything apart, he noticed many things (plus some extremely unsafe) mistakes with my car. They all worked wonders on my car and she was running stronger than ever! I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. I have been back a few more times and I have absolutely nothing but positive to say about them. Hopefully I will get to actually stick around for a meet! You will definitely be seeing me again in the near future!

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR
    Great write up. Waiting anxiously to get back to the shop :) Miss my peeps!
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0