Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New daily driver evo. older guy, more subtle build...

Quote Originally Posted by CRX2EVO View Post
    Oh snap. This guy is legit folks. I've been away from OT for a long time (I know you vacated). I like that P71, I was looking at them for a while.

Congrats on the Evo dude! :h5: :wavey:
    Sup broheim longtime.... I've been over at xerq for a little no ot tho. Hope all is well been! I've been doing a lot of car swapping to get the evo finally. The p71 was a temp daily until no could sort out the mini to my satisfaction. One of the best cars I've ever owned. If you ever want one i got the hookup. I miss its size inside and not having to care about the paint but am LOVING the ego. The Rockford sound system is as joke, the factory ford fusion system sounded ten times better so that's gotta go soon.

Good to see ya. Go to supercar Sunday on the first Sunday of the month on topanga, we usually roll out there then hit the rock store.

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    The picture you posted for the Rota Torque's are actually Wedsport SA55M's. The Rota Torque's are CR Kai replicas. :)

And if you're looking for a cheap, strong and lightweight wheel I'd look into Enkei. PF01's, RPF1's or NT03's. :D

Edit: Welcome by the way.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Cars
    EVO X MR
    CCW classics would look dope. nice list of vehicles man. I wish to own as many as you do

Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    The picture you posted for the Rota Torque's are actually Wedsport SA55M's. The Rota Torque's are CR Kai replicas. :)

And if you're looking for a cheap, strong and lightweight wheel I'd look into Enkei. PF01's, RPF1's or NT03's. :D

Edit: Welcome by the way.
    Got it thanks. It gets so confusing with each company blatently knocking each others wheels off these days. I'm not used to to so many options in the import world. I'd prefer to stick with brand name quality stuff. So no replicas for me. With the pricing of SSR and some of Work's wheels I'm getting closer and closer to giving John a call and ordering another set. I ran Classics on my z28 for a few years. They were works of art.

Cars
    EVO X MR
    The X pulls the look of classics very nicely. Not so much on the 8/9 IMO. I had ccw LMs on my 9.

Quote Originally Posted by chinoxmk22 View Post
    CCW classics would look dope. nice list of vehicles man. I wish to own as many as you do
    Its a lifestyle thats for sure. I'm single so I can get away with having toys etc. I'd like to settle down a bit, as I have all the toys I need with the Evo now. Although a 65 riviera is on my list of cars to build!

I emailed CCW and heard back from Dan. All the guys running CCWs on Evo X's are running spacers. He replied
    Unfortunately Classic's nor any of our modular wheels really fit the evo x due to the front brake package. In order to even make it even possible the wheels "HAVE" to be an 18x10.5 +38 due to the inner barrel used on this for brake clearance along with a 5/8" spacer. Almost everyone in the gallery with that car is running this exact package. Normal tire selection is a 275/35/18 all around.
    I'll pass on such an aggressive setup with a spacer no less. Nevertheless after doing lots of searching for Works Emotion CR KAI's in bronze, I found that the used prices were only a few hundred within the new prices. So I picked up a set of 18x9.5 +20 in matte bronze with Works lugnuts for pretty good deal I think so. $1671 + tax

I also found a set of Swift Springs I'm picking up Saturday to bring the car down to its stance, but not too aggressive. I may invest in coilovers later...

Some pix of the setup I have on its way. I'm super excited.

If all ships out promptly and is in stock I will be able to get the car back on ground with its new shoes saturday with springs as well. I will see. If not, next week. Excited!

Cars
    EVO X MR
    $1671 not bad at all man... its gonna look nice. I forgot that the ccw's classics needed spacers on the x. their spacers are custom built. but its aggressive as heck

Cars
    Too Many!
    CCWs are beautiful ... I'm considering some for my 2013 Mustang..

Hubby had them on his old IX ... I loved how they looked. His car when we first met 3 years ago ...
    daisy.jpg

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Quote Originally Posted by FUEL View Post
    CCWs are beautiful ... I'm considering some for my 2013 Mustang..

Hubby had them on his old IX ... I loved how they looked. His car when we first met 3 years ago ...
    daisy.jpg
    Pics of the hubby please....

ill get some CCWs again some day. Just not 18x10 again lol

Found the only set in CA in exact fitment I wanted and finish

Very happy with the look/quality of these works. Cracks me up all the stickers they gave me to clutter up the wheels. It needs 265s now.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport
    Looks good, also a good alternative for coilovers that will not break the wallet would be Megan. Those coilovers are right under $800.00. (Last time I check ) get a nice custom alignment and you should be set.
    As far as wheels, nice choice. IMO I rather go the TE route. A nice 18x10.5 +22 off set.
    Fit the biggest tire and = pure awesomeness lol.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    those Works sure look nice on the X.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    Looks good. Now it needs to be lowered. :)

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Looks good. Now it needs to be lowered. :)
    I'm undecided so far. When I had the cash for the Cobb AP I had the cash for a set of Swift springs in my other pocket. I do NOT want to make the ride harsher/stiffer than it already is. The roads in my area are HORRIBLE. So horrible a pothole munched a nice dent into my old CCWs... I like hitting speedbumps at speed (the slow down ones), I hate crabwalking up e every drive way including my own.

As my daily driver, I want to keep her comfortable as possible OEM rides harsh as is. . With the 245's stretched a bit, theres not much tires on there wich may be making it worse. I'm wondering if adding some 265/40s would help soften up the ride a little.

Going to play with the maps a bit and do some logging to avoid knock.. I may try the stage 2 map tomorrow just for kicks and monitor it for knocks. If it knocks, downpipe and the quietest exhaust I can find. RRE stealth maybe...

I have a car that is already loud. And no matter what I do to the evo I don't think it'll compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7gH7qaLKD0

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Looks good man .

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4 View Post
    Looks good, also a good alternative for coilovers that will not break the wallet would be Megan. Those coilovers are right under $800.00. (Last time I check ) get a nice custom alignment and you should be set.
    As far as wheels, nice choice. IMO I rather go the TE route. A nice 18x10.5 +22 off set.
    Megan coilovers? I'd rather remain stock. If I had bought general tires and some XXR wheels then maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    those Works sure look nice on the X.
    Yeah they look fantastic, saw them on Lilayzian's car which is dumped to all hell. I like the stock height with the wheels. I may need to clear bra the paint behind the wheels though. Dirt/water gets splashed up along with rocks and whatnot. I don't think rally flaps fit my style :)

Quote Originally Posted by chinoxmk22 View Post
    Looks good man .
    Thanks I'm real happy with how she came out....

Picked up a new toy from another socalevo'er. FANTASTIC device.

I am used to accessing OBD2 via a bluetooth dongle so this was nothing new, but seeing the power differences between stage 0 (stock) stage 1 91, and stage 1 93 (with knock unfortunately) is amazing. Best bang for buck I've ever spent on a mod for a car... (350 used)

I know dyno numbers are simply for baseline and comparisons as I've spent much time on the dyno with the z28 and R1 mini. So far numbers per the cobbport dyno on flat land, pulls in second from 2k-7k are:

Stage 0 (stock with logging)
    278.1ft/lbs
    299.37hp

Stage 1 91 tune
    318.14ft/lbs
    326.34hp

Stage 1 93 tune
    350.32ft/lbs
    372.62hp

I deleted any odd pulls. I may swing by my buddies dynojet to check it properly. I find the gains hard to believe. But they are consistent with the maps and pull after pull. Some variation of 10-15hp.

I was getting some knocking at high psi on the 93 Stage 1 map.

For instance from PSI:

I would get a sum of knocks according the psi above:

So during a logging session of 3 minutes 6 seconds, 116 knocks total? I assume that is NOT safe? Knocks show up in shorter logging sessions as well. I tuned her back to 91.

I'd really just like to add a downpipe, intake, quietest exhaust possible so I can run stage 2. Any shops in or around downtown LA with a dyno?

Been eyeballing RREs stealth exhaust options but they seem loud on the internet. I don't want the car louder than it is my neighbors already hate me for the mini and the z28.

it keeps saying invalid file when i try to upload data logs.

Cars
    2016 BMW M4 ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4 View Post
    you mean like this?

What is power without control?

Quote Originally Posted by davey111483 View Post
    you mean like this?
    while they are more aggressive and give the car an almost R34 look (if I recall the Skyline R34 had similar OEMs) but I wanted more of an OEM look that was lowkey for the evo x. I've yet to see a set of TE35s on a nonlowered car. They're on almost every car out there and by far the most recognizeable wheel for a reason...

They're all stanced for hardparking which I'm not a fan of sorry.

Is that your car? what drop is on it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast