Thread: My review of Tuning Technologies (clutch install)

My review of Tuning Technologies (clutch install)

Just a quick review on the service I received at Tuning Technologies.

First off, I would like to say that I am not affiliated and I have no connection with anyone at tuning technologies, other than calling them up and getting work done. I have had my evo 9 since it was new with about 4 miles on the odometer. Needless to say that my stock clutch was fried and about 3 weeks ago I had installed at TT the following: 1) Competition clutch sprung stage 2 clutch. 2) STM upper and lower 1 piece clutch line. 3) Resurfaced OEM flywheel 4) Redline MT-85 for the trans and Diaqueen for the transfer case. 5) And an oil/filter change with Mobil 1. 6) Almost forgot, the 2 o rings between the trans and the TC.

Alfred and Jen are super nice, and make sure you feel like you are at home while hanging out in the lounge. In the lounge I was watching movies on netflix and drinking a bunch of coffee, at lunch time they took my order for a sandwich and brought back me back some food. So if you do not have a ride like I didn't, its not bad waiting at the shop. EXCEPT for those noisy damn winged cars making a bunch of ruckus on the dyno!!! In all honesty, I was cat napping until a dyno session started lol.

After it was all said and done, my car was back in action. Initial thoughts were: 1) wow this clutch is stiff, I almost stalled my car leaving. 2) when the clutch engages its more like an on/off switch now, not sure if its due to the clutch line or the clutch, but its probably both. 3) I am ready to get spend some more $$$ at Tuning Tech

In conclusion I am a happy customer, my clutch/car feels great and I plan to get more things done at TT! Thank you Jen and Alfred!!!!

Nick

PS Alfred I am going to PM you about that coilover I need to special order from you.

nice, i had good experiences with them too. what are your mods?
    Usual bolt-ons, Walbro 255, Stock turbo, Stock Injectors, 3-port+tune=308WHP/308WTQ on california's 91 octane by Tuning Technologies

Evolved
    Cars
    evo ocho
    thanks for posting your experiences with Competition clutch sprung stage 2 clutch I'm still on the stocker and was considering this one once I decide to do the E85 and BBK full treatment. I'm guessing your using a stainless steel line for the clutch and what about pill delete?

Let us know how the clutch is treating you and how is it if for daily driving update.
    hey roll down your windows down I wanna talk
    open door instead and say I just got my windows tinted
    where did you get your car from?
    i give him the name that's on my dealer paper plates
    your car is sick!!!
    1st weekend cruise in evo and 1st props coming from a stranger driving a G35 coupe

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    Glad u had a good time there, when i went there was a 240 on the dyno with a evo motor in it. thing was so loud and it stunk up the waiting room haha but it was cool watching that thing do pulls on the dyno!

My mods are the basic bolt ons, just missing the intercooler and throttle body shaft seals. Plan to get a CBRD intercooler :) And a tune from Alfred :) I do not have the boost pill delete. Clutch is doing good for me so far. Little to no chatter on take off. Reverse is a little funky, as the clutch likes to be in or out, compared to the stock clutch that is…