Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the time has come for 1000 hp

the time has come for 1000 hp

Hey guys.the time has come for me to start ripping my 9 apart and get it built.my goal is to reach 1000 hp.that is all I want.if it is possible I'd like to reach it on e-85.if not then which fuel would be the best kind to run? Turbo, injectors, fuel system.motor size.20 2.3 or 2.4 4g64 block. I've done my own reaearch already and figured out some things I wanna use. But I wanna see what answers others will come up with and figure out the best combinations to reach my goal.now obviously a tune plays a big part.that part im not worried about.thanks for your help :)

BabyEvo69
    You want 1000hp, but you don't know what to get........wow, you're the best.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Best is to ask all of these questions for whoever will be doing the tuning. Whoever you choose would be someone that you trust and has done it before. Then the poor guy does not have to deal with a crazy combination of parts from every corner of the internet and have to make it all work together. Tuners are not so much into the crowd sourced mod list when it comes to making that much power. Your tuner will want to fully trust your engine builder so that if it all comes apart bad, and he is the one standing over the dead block with the smoking gun in his hand, there will be no hard feelings when people start pointing fingers. You will be working with your tuner to be there when you startup the new motor on some reasonable size injectors and get a break-in tune loaded in. Then swap in the fat injectors on the dyno when everything is ready to rock and go for the moon.

If you will be self tuning, my bad, crowd source on!

E-85 will do it. Invest in a proper ethanol analyzer. 1000 whp would be an official So Cal built record I think so dont expect it to come easy.

Mike W

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Better have a stack of money :). But I would love to see this process! Good luck dude!
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

hey babyevo69.you obviously didnt read my post.i already know what i plan to do for 1000 hp.i just wanted to see the different variations of builds for 1000 hp.maybe to save myself some cash or to maybe to prepare myself to save more money.so go troll somewhere else.
    and mike w <<<my tuners were also gonna be my engine builders. i was suuuuper impressed with the dr's tune.ive been on that same tune for a couple years now.still runnin strong.

Cars
    Evo IX GSR SE & a Miata!
    Is the 4294 good enough for 1000whp with supporting mods like head work, cams, intake manifold, and a proper flowing exhaust manifold? Been a while since I've researched big hp builds.
    JD Motorsports| Custom Aero and Track Prep Solutions | Track Proven and Tested

1:46.3 @ BRP CW13 @ 400whp | 1:26.8 @ WSIR @ 400whp| 1:21.6 @ SOW CCW @ 400whp | 1:22.7 @ SOW CW @ 400whp

evobros thats a cool vid.however i dont plan on using nitrous/meth.
    foward facing turbo setup would be nice.but im planning on running ams's vband turbo kit
    i could go 2.3 or 2.4.i dont think 2.4 would be needed really.but then again i dont really know anyone with near 1000 hp evos so i can only go off of research.but everyone loves to do their builds off of their favorite types of gas.fuel is my main concern.
    i dont plan on drivin this car aound daily.however if i wanna drive it to the track,mod,or just once in awhile id like to be able to.otherwise it'll stay clean in the garage till its time to pull it out to be a weekend warrior :)

i was gonna bigger than a 4294. i dont really care about the lag.now unless there is a quick ass spooling turbo that'll break 1000 easy ill consider it :) ive never been told or found out about a turbo that does both

SoCalEvo.net Shop

I never met a 2.4 I liked. 2.3 is for torque and spoolup. 2.0 is for HP. If the intended use is drag racing, then 2.0. Your turbo is what sets the HP number. Generally you need some pretty high RPM to get pretty high hp numbers. Pretty high RPM would lean you towards shorter stroke.

Mike W

so would it be harder to reach 1000 with a 2.3?or is a 2.3 just an extra feature than isn't needed?
    this would be a drag car.but with full interior and all that.im not goin for cornering or anything like that.
    how high could i rev to??

1000whp DJ or MD or DD or Dynapak?
    Zhong Cheung | Angry Panda Racing
    2006 Mitsubishi Evo 9 | 470whp/410wtq on E85 | 2.3L RPM Buschur Racing | Hankook 285 TDs | KW V3s
    Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR (Big Willow) - 1:25.562
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW - 1:47.425

SoCalEvo.net Shop

You mean:

"1000 whp on a normal numbers reading dyno or 1000 whp on a freaky adjustable but set up all low so it is a heartbreaker numbers that cant really compare to anything anywhere dyno unless it is calibrated to read normal numbers"

Mike W

dynopacks are the plan :)

yup. all the freaky high hp evos ive herd about are 2.0l
    one of my fav's http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...ery_evo_rs.htm

Cars
    Evo IX GSR SE & a Miata!
    One thing to consider if you launch it at the track, you are going to have to beef up all the drive train parts.

1:46.3 @ BRP CW13 @ 400whp | 1:26.8 @ WSIR @ 400whp| 1:21.6 @ SOW CCW @ 400whp | 1:22.7 @ SOW CW @ 400whp

yea ive seen that.and stms ricer.do you know what turbo the rs used?

Cars
    Evo IX GSR SE & a Miata!
    If you come up a tad short of 1000whp, can throw this in. Do a dual map for E85, and one for FTW.

http://ftwfuels.wordpress.com/

Experienced
    Cars
    06 WW IX RS, 08 Audi A4, 13 Passat TDI SEL
    I've had a few 1k hp Evo engines, 2.0 and 2.1. Those were both with a 42r. Newer smaller turbo's are out, make a little less power but the power band is much wider. Honestly I have to say the 1k hp is really impractical on an Evo. You are going to spend a lot on clutch's, transmission rebuilds or a dogbox, head rebuilds etc etc. 700-800 hp on my car was a lot more reliable even on the 2.3.
    06 WW Evo 9 RS currently stock
    06 RR Evo 9 RS 11.42 at 118 mph - daily driver stock turbo, clutch, intake - Sold
    03 Evo 8 Weightless White 9.2 at 156 mph street trim, 160 mph race trim. - Sold

instagram: dbajalis

Cars
    Evo IX GSR SE & a Miata!
    ^this sounds like it would lead to faster time slips as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast