Thread: 13' Evo X + Cobb = wOOt!

Cars
    2013 CB Evo X GSR

13' Evo X + Cobb = wOOt!

So this passed Saturday was super epic. For the last month and a half I've been patiently waiting for my appointment at Cobb to come up and it finally came... I was nervous, anxious, excited all at the same time.

My car was about to go through some big changes... and signing paper work basically saying, "If your car blows up you're shit outta luck..." didn't make things easier... but none the less I was excited...

My palms were sweaty and my stomach was turning as I watch my car on the dyno screen....

(Rewind)
    A month after I purchased my car I called Cobb and purchased and scheduled the Cobb Turbo back exhaust, 3-port EBCS, fuel lines, Cobb SF Intake, Cobb AccessPort, and a protune for June 15th...

Every day that went by felt so slow...

When the day finally came I pulled up to Cobb and they were already expecting me. All my parts sitting pretty... pipes all nice and shiny...

Installs took about 3 hours...

Everyone was telling me to go to the OEM style oval exhaust tips, but I went quad instead :P

Then everyone had lunch, but they even invited me and my friends to the back to have burgers with them and stuff :)

Then around 1ish they started the tune...

My final numbers on the screen were 340hp with 364 lbs of torque at 26psi. He uploaded a high and low boost tune onto my AccessPort.

Overall the experience was awesome. Everyone was super friendly and nice with lots of knowledge and I even got a free lunch :P

------------------------------------------------------

And then to make the day even better, my team and I had a meeting with Chemical Guys (automotive detailing products) later that day.

After speaking with them for about an hour he took photos of our cars and sent them to corporate, and their Toro detailing line agreed to sponsor us :)

Free products :)

Fin :)

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    wow congrats bro! real nice numbers! after what you and your car have been through recently, I'm glad this went well for you.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2013 CB Evo X GSR
    Thanks Macky! I know -_____- after the bad wheel, getting my car vandalized, and everything in between I needed something to uplift my spirits

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    Congrats man. Good numbers too. You deserved it after that shit that girl did to your car dude.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Cars
    8 MR, 10 GSR, EG6, CRV
    Nice numbers!
    I love how Cobb has the dyno monitor for you to watch while the car is in the test cell.

Sounds like you had a great experience..... Antolin and Reggie are good people.

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    Congrats and great numbers
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    great numbers, why not add E85 for high octane map?

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah

Cars
    Ebo IX
    nice the car must feel like it just woke up from a nice nap!!

Cars
    2013 CB Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Congrats man. Good numbers too. You deserved it after that shit that girl did to your car dude.
    Thanks! yea seriously... I was like, "fuuuuck, my car is cursed "

But feels good again :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Nice numbers!
    I love how Cobb has the dyno monitor for you to watch while the car is in the test cell.

Sounds like you had a great experience..... Antolin and Reggie are good people.
    Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty rad. And it's cool how they type notes in the lower screen so they can connect with you since you're in the waiting room...

Like a little note window will pop up and the tuner will type out, "Here are your numbers at high boost.." and point at it with the mouse thingy...

Yeah Anotlin and Reggie are cool... We're so fortunate to have RRE and Cobb here in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by evoX600RR View Post
    Congrats and great numbers
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    great numbers, why not add E85 for high octane map?
    I was really debating it... But I don't know where any e85 stations are around me and the nearest one to my parents was like 40 min away. So when I go down to visit them I wouldn't know where to go

Quote Originally Posted by evodriver49 View Post
    nice the car must feel like it just woke up from a nice nap!!
    Hahaha that's literally what it felt like... I keep saying, "It feels like a new car"

but "waking up from a nap" is even better :P

btack
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post

What he said!

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE / 2010 Civic DX
    From a Ralliart to this!!!

Soooo jelly!

zeRep (from clubralliart.com)
    cl_modifications 0

Cars
    2013 CB Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by btack View Post
    What he said!
    Haha thanks Brian

I'm actually going into Cobb today cause I'm having issues with my AP. Some of the options don't work... that's why I was having trouble with it yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by zeRep85RA View Post
    From a Ralliart to this!!!

Soooo jelly!

zeRep (from clubralliart.com)

Hahaha I actually just posted on CR cause of this, I wanted to say hey to all the peeps back in there

Hey man it's Marco. I was there with my buddie Anthony getting his Subie tuned. I kinda wondered if it was you who got his car key'd but didn't ask, lol (sucks btw). sucks not going to make it to the meet he had something come up.

Anyway, nice number and car sounded really great when you took off.

Cars
    2013 CB Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho719 View Post
    Hey man it's Marco. I was there with my buddie Anthony getting his Subie tuned. I kinda wondered if it was you who got his car key'd but didn't ask, lol (sucks btw). sucks not going to make it to the meet he had something come up.

Anyway, nice number and car sounded really great when you took off.
    Hey dude! Word, it was cool meeting you guys. Yeah that was me that got keyed it's been a rough month for me...

But how does Anthony like his new and improved Subie?

The meet was fun! We basically filled the whole parking lot. Lots of nice cars. The Evo's ended up outnumbering the Subies at the Subie meet which was sorta funny. Lots of Evo 8's, 9's, and 10's showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by OherrOderr View Post
    Hey dude! Word, it was cool meeting you guys. Yeah that was me that got keyed it's been a rough month for me...

But how does Anthony like his new and improved Subie?

The meet was fun! We basically filled the whole parking lot. Lots of nice cars. The Evo's ended up outnumbering the Subies at the Subie meet which was sorta funny. Lots of Evo 8's, 9's, and 10's showed up.
    Night and day difference for sure. Final results were 299whp and 344tq. These subie's get some nice tq numbers I've noticed.

We need to come out to the next meet for sure. The next local meet is Fullerton at Sonics and I've never been I might check that out.

Cars
    2013 CB Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho719 View Post
    Night and day difference for sure. Final results were 299whp and 344tq. These subie's get some nice tq numbers I've noticed.

We need to come out to the next meet for sure. The next local meet is Fullerton at Sonics and I've never been I might check that out.
    o word man! That's awesome, congrats to him on his new numbers.

Yeah def, me and my guys are actually going to taco bravo tomorrow night in Costa Mesa, then rolling over to confetti for dessert (yeah we like to grub) let me know if you want to roll. I haven't been to a Fullerton meet in awhile, but they're pretty cool.

Not So Newbie
    Huntington Beach, California, United States
    Love the exhaust - congrats on #'s