Thread: My experience with RRE, for what it's worth..

My experience with RRE, for what it's worth..

My first time ever taking my car to RRE was about 7 months ago, for a clutch job.

I bought my 2006 IX MR about a year and a half ago with about 80k under her belt. I have some basic mechanical 'skills'(I guess you can call it basic understandings), and on previous cars i've done basic maintenance jobs all the way to clutch swaps in my garage with the help of some friends.

As soon as I got my car, I knew it would be in need of a clutch after a few track days, if that. I've always went through local shops who offered best prices for parts, and when I needed advice I would call Evasive or Inline4 (Yes i've owned Honda's and Acura's) I've always heard about RRE through local enthusiast and online forums. Now that i own an Evo, I knew it was only a matter of time before I would begin giving them my business. It's also pretty convenient that I live about 3 minutes from them.
    Anyways, back to my clutch story, long story short I ended up buying a clutch kit from another shop, and then attempted to install it myself, in my garage. My first AWD clutch job, I was excited and ready to tackle the job doing my research, paying close attention to torque specs and detail, etc. After I got the new clutch in, and reassembled everything, I thought I was home free. WRONG. My "Chinese finger trap" (as the guys at RRE call it) popped it self out. So I had to drop the transmission out AGAIN, and realign the damn thing on the pressure plate. I ended up doing thi 3 different times. I couldn't get the thing to catch properly for the life of me. So I called RRE for advice. They explained over the phone in detail, how to properly seat the collar ring(My first time ever calling, they had no idea who I was but still offered advice). I still couldn't get it. I decided to take it by the shop and that was the first time I met Sam and Lod. They showed me how to get the piece in properly and gave me some more advice and then I was on my way for one more attempt. I forgot to mention that the collar I was using was pretty bent and flimsy from so many install attempts so they gave me a brand new ACT collar on the house (they must have felt bad for me lol) I went home gave it another attempt and no luck. I called it quits! Called RRE (it was already late in the evening) and scheduled my car to be towed to them the same night. Car got picked up and I met the tow truck driver at RRE. Guys helped unload the car and wheeled it into the parking lot on 3 hydraulic jacks! The job was taking care of in a timely manner and my experience with their friendliness and customer service was like nothing i've ever encountered before. I'd recommend them to anyone and everyone. I am now a loyal costumer and altough i dont show my face often, when ever I need anything for my car or any service done, I give them my bussiness. Even if theyre booked for a few days, it is worth the wait.

Had a boost leak test today, and im scheduling a dyno appointment tomorrow for their next opening. Here are some pics I have saved from my story.

The "Chinese finger trap"

Organized bolts

Transmission loaded up ready to set sail

Earlier today, Sam clearing a CEL for me (creep mode with the pic lol)

Cheers to RRE, see you guys soon for my tune

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    Nice review.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Team Knee Pads Baller Member evoempire's Avatar
    wow that is insane great customer service! It makes me happy hearing stories like these. What boggles my mind is their willingness to help a stranger over the phone and then give you a free chinese finger trap. Just when I thought RRE can't get any better they prove me wrong. Great job RRE keep this up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Nice review.
    Thank you :) Following you on Instagram under DropThatHammer

Quote Originally Posted by evoempire View Post
    wow that is insane great customer service! It makes me happy hearing stories like these. What boggles my mind is their willingness to help a stranger over the phone and then give you a free chinese finger trap. Just when I thought RRE can't get any better they prove me wrong. Great job RRE keep this up!
    lol yeah the 'wedge collar' They're great guys.

Scheduled my tune appointment for next Thursday i'll post pictures///

Team Knee Pads Baller Member evoempire's Avatar
    yea they truly are. Glad your experience was absolutely amazing! I love customer service like this. Just the peace of mind for me is worth it knowing they will take care of you.

Cars
    GG IX MR
    how's it going? i have an issue with my clutch right now, the pedal went really stiff after it depressed all the way down. i pulled it up by hand and it got stuck in stiff mode ever since. did you experience this too?

Love rre, have known Sam and Gus for a long time now and the rest of the gang is great as well
    2011 X Swift sport springs, Enkei pfo1 Black 18x9.5, RRE catback, AEM Intake, Mike RRE Tuned.