Thread: 2006 EVO IX GTX35R Stage 3 91 and E85 Stock Block Results

2006 EVO IX GTX35R Stage 3 91 and E85 Stock Block Results

We have been super busy here at the shop and havent had any time to post up graphs of cars that we have been working on and tuning. So here is one to start off with.....completed this one about 4 months ago.....its out tearing up the streets :)

2006 Evo IX MR

This car has all the boltons, I won't bore you guys with listing every single one but I will list the power makers

272 Cams
    COP Ignition
    Tuning Technologies ported Intake Manifold
    MAP Exhaust manifold
    GTX35R (the model that's designed to work with the stock exhaust manifold)
    Turboback exhaust non dumped
    Dual Walbro's
    Speed Density Conversion
    65mm Throttle Body
    Tuning Technologies 3 port
    Tuning Technologies dual remapped ecu for 91 and E85

We were asked to keep it reliable and consistent considering its a stock block and cylinder head street car.

JA 91 E85.jpg

Long rod stroker is up next, that will even up the odds a bit :)

Thanks for reading and look out for more graphs, I have a bunch more to post.

Alfred

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Impressive numbers...
    Question,
    Owner had the COP before or do you recommended once move into GTX35R? other, PSIs on 91 and E85?. How aggressive it was the E85 tune with the stock bottom end?

How much hp do you expect reach once a reinforced bottom end is into play?

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah

Great work Alfred still saving up for my Tune

Experienced
    Cars
    1979 Jeep CJ7(Restoration project), EB Evo VIII(Sold), EB Evo IX
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    Impressive numbers...
    Question,
    Owner had the COP before or do you recommended once move into GTX35R? other, PSIs on 91 and E85?. How aggressive it was the E85 tune with the stock bottom end?

+1. Interested in these answers as well

Instagram: evo_alex

Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    Impressive numbers...
    Question,

The COP was added at the same time the GTX35R was, the stock coils will work at these power levels but the COP allows you to make the power more easily through increased efficiency. A larger spark plug gap and a stronger spark provide a cleaner and and more complete burn which translates into increased power production by the engine.

91 Octane peak boost is 25.2psi

E85 peak boost is 26.58

As you can see from the above, we really didn't have to raise boost too much going from 91 to E85. When you have the correct parts combination the engines make power willingly and you don't have to coerce or force them to produce. This setup is making over 600 at the crank right now and would have easily made 600 wheel horsepower but we aren't trying to compromise the stock internals or the 6 speed transmission so this is where we left it. Yes, you will see others take it far beyond here but like everything else, the engine has a usable life and we want it to keep running until he is ready to do the stroker setup. It will live at these levels for a very long time.

On 35psi with the stroker setup and a built cylinder head it should be able to clip off 650whp and 500+lbft of torque.

Alfred

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Thanks Alfred. I was wondering because IX oem coils should handle whp level. I was curious for PSI due 35R should have a better performance on higher boost levels. For example torque has different behavior from 2k to 4k than 4k-6.5k rpms.

This is a good example how you can make great power in a stock bottom end. It would be great see this car with a stroker motor (compensate low torque end) and 5 speed transmission to transfer all that power into the wheels.

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah