Thread: Of course another tune

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS

Of course another tune

Basically bought the car couple months back, supposedly car was tuned by RRE so wasn’t really worried about issues with it but after going to RRE to do a 120k service I asked if they could check the tune. RRE found some serious issues ( probably was a previous owners tune job) and definitely recommended another tune ASAP, especially since the fuel trims were maxed at idle. Of course RRE had 4 cars to do that day then another 3 cars from 9pm till whenever they finish and booked for rest of the week. Since I live 4 hours away and was only in LA for a night I wanted to get the car fixed without driving at least 12 more hours or having to wait a few weeks. Called a few places then went on SoCalEvo and looked at other vendors.

Got lucky that I found Tuning Technologies and to get in on a last minute tune, literally called and 2 hours later car was strapped to the dyno. Car made great power in my opinion for a mediocre build including a worn-out GM 3-port that didn’t want to open and stock catback. They also fixed my hard start on the E85, especially when cold.

Huge thanks to Alfred for staying past 8pm to get it all wrapped up for a great price and Jen for making sure I was comfortable all day. Also can’t leave out the fact they luckily had a spare O2 sensor laying around since mine went out on the dyno! Definitely a small town feel at their shop and seems like they’ll do anything they can for their customers, wish I would have known about them for the 120k service as well. Will definitely be back for the Evo's needs.

cool bro! alfred is the man! they are a shop you can count on to take care of your evo. numbers?
    Usual bolt-ons, Walbro 255, Stock turbo, Stock Injectors, 3-port+tune=308WHP/308WTQ on california's 91 octane by Tuning Technologies

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    Need to get the graphs but 350 for E85 and I think 270 or something on 91 at 16 PSI since 3-port wouldn't fully engage.

get a new one on there and re-tune. you should meake 300 on his tunes with bolt ons. as i have done so.
    Usual bolt-ons, Walbro 255, Stock turbo, Stock Injectors, 3-port+tune=308WHP/308WTQ on california's 91 octane by Tuning Technologies