Thread: Zeitronix multi gauge

Cars
    Evo IX MR

Zeitronix multi gauge

Soo, I'm thinking about getting the zeitronix multi gauge it's $139 and reads AFR, vacuum boost amoung other settings. My question is do I need any other components to use this gauge for boost and AFR?

I have that gauge. I think for $139 you only get the gauge. You would have to buy all the other stuff or I think they sell a kit with most of the stuff. But all the extra stuff adds up fast.

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    Yup that price is only for the gauge itself, u need the zt-2 which is the brain of the system, that comes with the wideband sensor, then u have to buy the boost sensor which connects to the zt-2, it gets pricey lol but its a very accurate system, i do recommend it
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Cars
    Evo IX MR
    Dang, ill have to think about it now. I was just looking to inicio two birds with one stone with gauge, but it seems it costs more than buying two separate gauges.

Cars
    Evo IX MR
    Ok I can't find the boost add on. I found the bundle with the zt-2 which is the wideband add on, which one is the boost?

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Here are some packages that may make more sense:
    http://roadraceengineering.com/wideband.htm

For boost and AFR it would work out to this:
    Zeitronix Wideband AFR and Boost Combo:
    Zeitronix ZT-2 http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.shtml (the controller)
    Zeitronix 3.5 bar map sensor
    Round LED or Rectangle LCD Display $485

For individual gauges it works out to more like this:

AEM Analog Wideband Gauge $195
    AEM Analog 35psi Boost Gauge $145
    (2) 52mm Gauge Holders $30

$370

So it is $100 cheaper to get individual gauges (assuming we are not talking Chinese crap)

The difference with Zeitronix it that it has the ability to add more sensors, do logging to an SD card or laptop, and most important is the mounting options. The Zeitronix display is a flat display. You don't necessarily need cups or mounts. You don't have to drill holes, rice them all the way up the A-Pillar or across the top of the dash. The same mounting options that impress the high school boys also attract the attention of the cops. One gauge can display two things. Additional displays can be daisy chained together to read more stuff. Additional sensors can be added for temps and pressures.

Mounted on an EVO X/RalliArt with double sided tape, no holes cut, nothing in the cluster blocked:

Mike W
    Last edited by Mike W; 09-01-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Team Knee Pads Baller Member evoempire's Avatar
    I personally run the zeitronix lcd display along with the ECA. I love them both. I however opted to do the mounting options that impress the high school kids and I love attention from the police officers. :)

Cars
    Evo IX MR
    hmm, well I need both gauges soley for reference purposes, not tuning. Those AEM gauges sound good Mike, I'll have to think about it. The AEM digitial boost gauge no good??

SoCalEvo.net Shop

I personally prefer a needle for a boost gauge. Both digital and analog are equal quality from AEM. It is just a preference.

Mike W

Cars
    Evo IX MR
    So I'm reeeaally leaning towards Defi for boost gauge. And AEM for wideband....

Cars
    Evo IX MR
    So went with Defi boost gauge and AEM wideband. So far I'm happy with both.