Thread: Homeless Guy droppin' EVO Knowledge

Cars
    03' Evo 8 GSR | 98' Accord EX V-6 (Sold) | 07' GSXR-600 | 2009 Monster 696

Homeless Guy droppin' EVO Knowledge

So I was getting lunch today during work and at a stop light a homeless guy comes up to me, puts his sign away, and asked me for money...NOT! This guy started complimenting me first by saying Nice Evo brah! Then he proceeds to ask if it was a 6 speed, MR, and talked about how it does 0-60 in under 5 seconds. I was kinda blown away, haha. I guess I would do the same if I were in his position...I felt bad I had no cash to give him though.

Wanted to share here since I figured you guys might appreciate this story :)

Experienced
    Cars
    Green Evo IX
    Did he look homeless? lol maybe homeless scam artist. probably saving up for one himself by asking people for money.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Well, been homeless doesn't mean he doesn't like cars or could know about cars. With current economy situation and few bad decisions, anyone can be him too. For me wouldn't be a surprise due some homeless currently use Starbucks to get internet, read, see videos, and stay in touch with old friends. I hope the best who ever is under that situation. Nice to read this kind of stories

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Yeah, I was pretty pissed when you drove off and didnt even give me any spare change. Next time I'll start washing your windshield!

Mike W

Cars
    03' Evo 8 GSR | 98' Accord EX V-6 (Sold) | 07' GSXR-600 | 2009 Monster 696
    keenooo - he was pretty young, maybe late 20s. but he did look homeless

evo_jfa - no doubt man. It was a good reminder to always be grateful! I was glad to see he had such a great attitude as well

mike - i'll go back and give you some change once you give me back my trunk! :P

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty pissed when you drove off and didnt even give me any spare change. Next time I'll start washing your windshield!

Mike W
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Classic.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

I had a Buddhist monk with the orange curtain thing on him tell me he liked my "Lancer Evolution". I was like "thanks"

i got the budhist monk before also... said he's always admired them in china! lol.

i've also had an encounter with a japanese businessman who said Evo's are $hit in japan and Subaru is king.

Evolved
    Cars
    AS EVO 8 SSL (sold), EB 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (#2)
    He probably owned an evo and it made him poor, you know with mods, repairs and such

I was getting gas and saw some Japanese guy staring at my car... i drove off and was parking at my school. he followed me to my school just to admire the car and tell me how he use to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by sosojeff1 View Post
    I was getting gas and saw some Japanese guy staring at my car... i drove off and was parking at my school. he followed me to my school just to admire the car and tell me how he use to have one.
    that's not creepy at all...
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not and act, but a habit."
    ARISTOTLE