Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evo 8 won't start on me anymore!

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Stock cat looks like the one in the middle.

Mike W

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    EVO 8
    thank you sire, I will compare it with the one I have tomarrow morning, hope it does fit

Yea well I'm limited in time and tools since I recently got stationed in Hawaii. I only get time on the weekends and have no garage to work on it. So I'm just trying to get it up soon but I appreciate your help mike I'll look into that.

Cars
    evo8 6266 25psi 517hp
    我也很久没有开过evo8了。这几天天气炎热,发动机在低温下启动非常平稳。只要行驶一段时间(发动机发热 )后需要重新启动,就是彻底的故障。有没有人遇到过这样的问题?等待20分钟后,发动机冷却后即可顺利启动 。

Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdk408 View Post
    我也很久没有开过evo8了。这几天天气炎热,发动机在低温下启动非常平稳。只要行驶一段时间(发动机发热 )后需要重新启动,就是彻底的故障。有没有人遇到过这样的问题?等待20分钟后,发动机冷却后即可顺利启动 。
    Translated:

I also didn't open an evo8 for a long time. The weather is hot these days, the engine starts at low temperature very smoothly. If you need to restart it after driving for a while (the engine is hot), it is a complete failure. Has anyone ever encountered such a problem? ? Wait 20 minutes, after the engine cools down, it can be started smoothly.
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

Cars
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9
    It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to the engine's fuel system. When the engine is cold, the fuel system is designed to enrich the air/fuel mixture to aid in starting. However, when the engine is hot, the fuel system is designed to run leaner, which can make starting more difficult.
    One potential cause of difficulty starting a hot engine is vapor lock, which occurs when the fuel in the fuel lines and/or carburetor gets too hot and turns into vapor, which can prevent the engine from starting. This can be more of a problem in hotter weather. Waiting for the engine to cool down can allow the fuel to return to a liquid state and may make starting easier.
    Another possibility is that the engine's ignition system is failing to provide spark when the engine is hot. This can be caused by a variety of issues, including a faulty ignition coil, distributor, or spark plugs. In this case, waiting for the engine to cool down may allow the ignition system to function properly again.
    It's difficult to diagnose the exact cause of the issue without more information or a professional inspection, so it's recommended that you take your vehicle to a trusted mechanic for an evaluation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12