Thread: Build 2.3, upgraded turbo, cams, intake, injectors, full exhaust, passed smog

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T

Build 2.3, upgraded turbo, cams, intake, injectors, full exhaust, passed smog

Just want to share with my fellow evos the receipt to pass smog. My car is 05 VIII MR, RRE 2.3, build head, HKS 274/278 cams, HKS GT-II turbo, full HKS sport exhaust (but with the cat on when smog), AEM intake, PTE 1200cc, Walbro, ecu-boost, Scott tuned. The keys here are the tuned and E85. My car CO number is 0 and very low HC (number of misfire I think) value after the stationary 2500 rpms test. So E85 and a good tune for smog. I'm wondering if it'll pass with the test pipe. It's legit clean so I feel a little bit of tree hugger.

nice! Good to know.

Cars
    Ebo IX
    Weeee gotta love dat corn juice!

did u have e85 yet or did u have have to install it and retune everything. and did u pass a STAR smog or a regular smog.
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not and act, but a habit."
    ARISTOTLE

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    It won't pass with the test pipe. Guy I bought my car from tried with E85 and it failed. Has to have the cat.

HC is Hydrocarbon. This is pretty much unburnt fuel passing out the exhaust. A few things cause it: Bad timing, bad ignition parts, A/F ratio, bad cat.

Did you pass with the evap cannister? Charcoal Cannister? Cat? What smog/emissions crap did you remove and what did you have installed?
    '03 BBY VIII GSR (The Blue Bomber) Corn Fed + some
    '10 WW X MR (Her car) "RRE Super Stock"

Evolved
    Cars
    AS EVO 8 SSL (sold), EB 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (#2)
    No issues with a visual inspection then?

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T
    No issue with visual inspection since I keep my car looking as stocky as possible. If you see my car you won't even think it's mod beside the AMS IC.
    I think I did mentioned above but yeah regular smog, cat on, AEM intake with carb sticker, of course tuned for e85.
    @M4Lki3r, you sounded like a ref which I hate the most. LOL. Apologize if you're not. I have no idea what were you asking about but I didn't remove any emission crap nor installed anything special.

Thanks for the info. I've already done the 2.3 transition and E85. Trying to decide if I want to have the smog test done.
    I've already blocked off the EGR, Evap and charcoal canisters gone, and test pipe. I was wondering how extensive your changes were compared to mine to see if it would be worth it to attempt to pass.
    '03 BBY VIII GSR (The Blue Bomber) Corn Fed + some
    '10 WW X MR (Her car) "RRE Super Stock"