Thread: Headlight problem

Headlight problem

So the little round lights in the corner of my '10 are blinking like crazy. Anyone know if I just need to replace them or if it's something else wrong?

If it's just replacing the bulbs, anyone have a part number for them? I tried looking them up but couldn't find anything. Also, anyone ever get their hand to fit up in that tiny little corner?? Or is that bumper going to have to come off?

Thanks!
    '03 BBY VIII GSR (The Blue Bomber) Corn Fed + some
    '10 WW X MR (Her car) "RRE Super Stock"

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    When lights blink fast it mean one of them is blown or just need replacing. Take the it out and go to ur local auto parts store and look for a similar one
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    if the lights on the side of the car are blinking, either the front or rear one on that side of the car is blown. all you have to do is replace the blown bulb.

easiest way to track down the burnt bulb: park the car, throw on your hazards and walk around the car. you'll find which blinker bulb is out (there are a total of 6).

either that or you could be low on blinker fluid.

Sportback Evolution MR

I'm not talking about the lane change indicators (aka turn signals). I'm talking about these:

Evo Headlight.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Headlight.jpg

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    those shouldnt be blinking because those are just regular filament type bulbs. unless you got your car used and someone put LEDs on them.

either way, that bulb is a 194 bulb. this is what it looks like:

you can get it from autozone/pep boys/kragen. you have to find amber ones though, which might be a bit harder to find, because the casing in the headlight housing is clear unlike the ones from the Evo 8 and 9.

since its on an MR, if you have smaller hands, you dont have to remove the bumper. you can open the splash guard from the front fender well and access it from there.

Sportback Evolution MR

Well that explains things a bit. The ones in the car are definitely white and blinking, probably LEDs going bad. I tried getting to them from the top and there was no way my hand was getting in there from that angle.

Bought the car used and the previous owner had done some 'ricing' to it. (Blue Underglow light on intercooler and a couple of other things).

Thanks for the help!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    no problem. try and access it from the front fender cover. you should be able to reach those from there.

Sportback Evolution MR