Thread: wtb evo ix se front bumper bumper

wtb evo ix se front bumper bumper

looking to buy a replacement 2006 se front bumper...doesnt need to come with front lip. color doesnt matter, but black would be nice. let me know if anyone has one theyll part with or if they know of someone or somewhere that will for a good price. thank you

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    Ummm...looking for an SE bumper without the lip...is there such a thing? JK! No difference between the evo 9 bumpers other than the lip.

i know there isn't really any difference..but i already have a lip for it, so if by some minute chance someone had a SE bumper that had the lip sold to someone else separately or damaged or whatever, then i'd still take it. if someone has a SE bumper with the lip still on, that;s obviously fine too. just stating that it doesnt HAVE to have the lip attached still (for whatever reason it may not be)

What he means to say is, there is no such thing as an "SE" front bumper. All front bumpers are made the same from the factory. The only thing that makes an SE evo IX is the lip, rims, interior and a shiny badge.

To put this in other words, it's like you are asking specifically for a RS front bumper for your RS when it really doesn't matter which bumper you get for your RS.

Btw, I have a WW IX front bumper for sale if you check the 'Evo parts for sale' section. :)
    "No mission too difficult, No sacrifice too great"

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by S2myEVO View Post
    What he means to say is, there is no such thing as an "SE" front bumper. All front bumpers are made the same from the factory. The only thing that makes an SE evo IX is the lip, rims, interior and a shiny badge.

To put this in other words, it's like you are asking specifically for a RS front bumper for your RS when it really doesn't matter which bumper you get for your RS.

Btw, I have a WW IX front bumper for sale if you check the 'Evo parts for sale' section. :)
    that's correct. there is no such thing as an SE bumper for the IX. their only difference is that the regular 9 has a smooth lower lip, while the SE has a slightly different lower lip attached. its subtle, and has a bit of an extension.

Evo IX bumper

Evo IX SE bumper

Sportback Evolution MR

yes, I understand that the lip is the only difference. I didn't know if the bottom of the bumper where it clips/connects onto the bumper was any different than the mr or anything...just wanted to make sure I could get an evo 9 bumper that I can reuse my se lip on. ive seen pics online that make it hard to tell if it can be mounted to any trim evo 9 bumper. all that aside, just looking to get an evo 9 bumper.