Thread: bad clunking coming from front right??

Cars
    2010 Apex Silver Evo X

bad clunking coming from front right??

So just recently I think something came loose and I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue. The car makes a bad clunking noise and I can actually feel whatever is loose. It only happens when I go over bumps. Straight driving is fine, acceleration is fine, but when the road gets bumpy, then the car starts rattling. Any suggestions? I took my wheel off and shook just about every suspension part I could, nothing was loose. Checked the bolts on my coils and everything.
    Looney Tuned

*HKS Legamax *Arc UICP *AEM cold air *MAP O2 dump downpipe

Canyon Racer
    You need to describe your suspension setup a little bit more. If you have found nothing else loose, check you end links, front and rear.
    KT Motoring
    10149 Canoga Avenue, Unit I
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (747) 224-0237

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Hey man I had the same issue check your bolts on your cross member !! I had the dame thing Only over bumps or driveways, and you can hear it and feel it loosen and hit something.

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Lmk if that's what it was. Curious to know lol

Cars
    2010 Apex Silver Evo X
    I'm definitely going to check it out tomorrow! I got home too late from class but that's what it is just bumps and driveways. Thanks for the insight!

is the noise coming from one side? i had an issue where my suspension was clunking and it was the bolt on top of the suspension that keeps the camber plate and the suspension together. it could possibly be that.
    If your running downhill in a canoe and your wings fall off how many pancakes can you fit in a dog house?

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    I bid for a swaybar endlinks or crossmember reinforcemnt bars.

Cars
    2010 Apex Silver Evo X
    So I raised the car up yesterday morning and couldn't figure out the problem. The weird part is that the car did make the sound on the way home like I had expected, and it also didn't make the sound to and from school/to work this morning. I'm not too sure what's going on hah
    Looney Tuned

Cars
    Ebo IX
    when i had similar symptoms my axle was disconnected from where the ball joint area is, try looking for any goo around there maybe a leaking axle where the clamps are?

Cars
    2010 Apex Silver Evo X
    Quote Originally Posted by evodriver49 View Post
    when i had similar symptoms my axle was disconnected from where the ball joint area is, try looking for any goo around there maybe a leaking axle where the clamps are?
    Now that you mention it I noticed my splitter has some sort of junk on it but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from and it wasn't a lot so I wasn't really worried. I'm going to have to take the bumper off this weekend and just inspect everything. Thanks for the info
    Looney Tuned

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    one thing you might want to check too is the driveshaft boot that connects to the actual wheel hub.

a similar thing happened to my 3000GT back then. it made a clunking noise whenever i went over bumps or turned the direction of the bad joint. it turned out the driveshaft boot that connects to the corresponding hub was torn, spilled all the lubricating grease, and in turn damaged the connection to the hub. that car needed a whole new driveshaft in that corner.

hopefully thats not the case for you. oh and if it is leaking the grease, it stinks. like the same as the tar they put on asphalt. its really bad.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Dodrio
    Sounds like tophat bolt is lose, happens to me a few times on coilovers.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Cars
    Ebo IX
    Quote Originally Posted by apex_kurt View Post
    Now that you mention it I noticed my splitter has some sort of junk on it but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from and it wasn't a lot so I wasn't really worried. I'm going to have to take the bumper off this weekend and just inspect everything. Thanks for the info
    no problem here's my thread for when it happened, like macky mentioned it had to do with the driveshaft boot
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-gen...d-oil-pan.html

I have the same issue with my right rear. I currently just bought some new megan coil overs and installed them about a month ago. I can feel it getting worst. Just took off my wheel and checked everything seems tight and right. Could it be the coil over it self?? BTW does anyone know where to get a spare volk rays wheel lock.....??

^^i have a set of red volk racing formula lugs for sale. plmk.

Im good, but thanks a lot dude.