Thread: AMS Test Pipe questions! HELP

AMS Test Pipe questions! HELP

Curious if any who has the TP on their X bought the 02 sensor spacer to go along with it? Is it really needed?
    _ejay

yes use spacer, no mil light

Quote Originally Posted by _ejay View Post
    Curious if any who has the TP on their X bought the 02 sensor spacer to go along with it? Is it really needed?
    If you have a tune or plan on getting one, then the spacer will not be needed as the ecu code can be changed to alleviate the MIL. If you're staying un-tuned then purchase it. Good Luck

Alfred

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred@TTech View Post
    If you have a tune or plan on getting one, then the spacer will not be needed as the ecu code can be changed to alleviate the MIL. If you're staying un-tuned then purchase it. Good Luck

Alfred
    thanks Alfred! But I don't think I'll be getting a tune anytime soon. But having the mil on, is it really an issue? Will it keep alerting me everytime I start my car, etc?
    _ejay

Quote Originally Posted by _ejay View Post
    thanks Alfred! But I don't think I'll be getting a tune anytime soon. But having the mil on, is it really an issue? Will it keep alerting me everytime I start my car, etc?
    You Got PM ejay

bump, need to know!
    _ejay

Yes it will constantly be on. Even when you clear the code, it will stay turned off for awhile then come back on once the car detects that you're running crazy emissions, which typically happens when your car is running at a constant speed for awhile. I've had the same AMS test pipe with a spacer, and even then the MIL light still came on once in awhile... Just get a tune =P get the most bang for your buck for your mods.... you're getting less than 50% of what your car can do just putting in mods without the tune.