Thread: New Irvine Friday Meets

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    so what happened last night?

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2013 WW X MR Previous: 2004 VIII AS GSR SSL
    Mostly us Regular's last night. And a few of the guys who posted above.

The parking lot directly in front of WalMart is rather small. I think we should relocate to a bigger section of the lot. Irvine PD didn't say anything to anyone, although they pretty much patrolled the lot the entire time we're there. I think they will leave us alone as long as they don't get a call and we don't break any traffic laws in and around the area.

The lights in that lot dimmed down quite a bit right at 10pm which kinda sucks.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear feedback from others.
    Welcome to this side of the barbed wire fence. I fight rich, powerful, criminal elements working in unison against the people...They call me a terrorist.

btack
    I like that spot, we just need to move to a better area of the lot which I know exactly where its at.

So I heard a bunch of people got pulled over after we cruised. Richie, chris and his friend from what I know. Dont think anyone got tickets tho.

Fun cruise!

Evolved
    Cars
    2014 WW Evo X SSS
    Yup Pulled over Me and My Buddy with the Silver IX Nice guy asked to see under our hood so we complied he glanced and let us go. He did mention someone calling in about people going fast in sports cars.Me and my friend were very polite and compliant and the policeman was equally as polite just wanted to "see what it looks like" under the hood. Good night but sad to see the meet so much smaller than it was before.

Idk about that Walmart spot it smelled like manure we were pretty much in the dark and it just seemed to me no one was happy with the spot or the turnout.
    Mods:<br />Tuned By The Docta !Â* 415AWHP/404TQ <br />Stock Turbo Stock Cams <br /><br /><br />E85 BEAST

Nice meet last night. Beautiful cars, cool people.

btack
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxAce21xxx View Post
    Yup Pulled over Me and My Buddy with the Silver IX Nice guy asked to see under our hood so we complied he glanced and let us go. He did mention someone calling in about people going fast in sports cars.Me and my friend were very polite and compliant and the policeman was equally as polite just wanted to &quot;see what it looks like&quot; under the hood. Good night but sad to see the meet so much smaller than it was before. Idk about that Walmart spot it smelled like manure we were pretty much in the dark and it just seemed to me no one was happy with the spot or the turnout.
    Yeah u guys weren&#39;t in the right spot. theres a much better location in a different area of the lot. We&#39;ll go there next friday. Same location different spot, right next to the freeway. I like being by the freeway traffic :)

What about Woodbury Town Center? Sand Canyon Exit. Secluded and huge parking space. http://www.shopneighborhoodcenters.c...wn_Center.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by fly2low View Post
    What about Woodbury Town Center? Sand Canyon Exit. Secluded and huge parking space. http://www.shopneighborhoodcenters.c...wn_Center.aspx
    that would be nice since its closer to me but i think the lighting is similar to the walmart lot. the only wide open lot would be the at the home depot there.

Were you thinking of the lot between the starbucks and the panaera or the lot betwwen the counter and chipotle?
    Flat face is the new concave?

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post

Were you thinking of the lot between the starbucks and the panaera or the lot betwwen the counter and chipotle?
    There are good foods places up there lol.
    Welcome to this side of the barbed wire fence. I fight rich, powerful, criminal elements working in unison against the people...They call me a terrorist.

I lived in that area till 2010. I dont know how it is these days but i remember that it was a good big secluded lot. Lighting was okay. You really want that bright lighting? A dimmer lighting is a lower profile meeting and will not attract unnecessary attention from mr. Donutmen.

if you ask me, i prefer anaheim canyon/yorba linda/orange/fullerton/placentia area since I live there . There is a strip mall called the meat packing district at imperial highway and yorba linda blvd. A good size lot with a decent lighting. Stefano's has a killer panini. There is Chronic Taco and Chili's too in the same complex. You can peek and do a photo op too with a retired marine one chopper at the nixon library just down the street.

Btw, guy with black s197 mustang gt, is he posting here? I didnt see him at OC Mustang show at ken groddy ford last sunday. Sorry, not on topic.

btack

We should meet up a do a cruise to shabu shabu one day. I got a spot in costa mesa.

Evolved
    Cars
    2014 WW Evo X SSS
    So its settled the Costco In Irvine is where we will meet? Im down if everyone else is ... just for reference how far is this from our old spot?
    Mods:<br />Tuned By The Docta !Â* 415AWHP/404TQ <br />Stock Turbo Stock Cams <br /><br /><br />E85 BEAST

Cars
    Maybe a mile, literally on the other side of the freeway from the Spectrum.

Cars
    2014 evo gsr
    theres a awd meet at toro wax store every friday 1103 s harbor blvd 8:30

btack
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxAce21xxx View Post
    So its settled the Costco In Irvine is where we will meet? Im down if everyone else is ... just for reference how far is this from our old spot?
    Its literally like 500 yards for the other spot. Right across the street

I ll see if I can stop by tonight. Won't be driving my Evo, though. Let's see if "honey, we need to go to Walmart tonight" works with the missus. She doesn't let my 10 months old ride in the "loud" Evo. I swear from the meet last week, my Evo was the quietest. Who's coming?

Im back in a evo. XP

btack
    Quote Originally Posted by fly2low View Post
    I ll see if I can stop by tonight. Won't be driving my Evo, though. Let's see if "honey, we need to go to Walmart tonight" works with the missus. She doesn't let my 10 months old ride in the "loud" Evo. I swear from the meet last week, my Evo was the quietest. Who's coming?

ME....//...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast