Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smog Question Silicone Hoses

No luck finding the stock parts... I might need to get creative here

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Where you located ? I can let you barrow those couplers.

i think the guys is paranoid because his star score can get ding for passing an "illegal modified vehicle". smog station get audited by the BAR and probably dont want to take any chances. just go to another place that are not that anal about that. or call the BAR they can inform you if that can affect your vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    Where you located ? I can let you barrow those couplers.
    Appreciate the offer! I just moved up the bay area though. Im going to try covering up the samco logos and give it another shot with a different station.

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    Flat black plasti dip maybe? Or black makeup haha

Let us know how it goes!

Update: I just passed inspection. I covered the Logos with electrical tape, which matched the black silicone pretty well actually. Now i can put my real mods back on for another 2 years....

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR
    Nice grats dude!
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Nice yeah :)
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Thanks guys! Im hoping next time i dont get flagged for a STAR inspection and it will be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by biggiesacks View Post
    Thanks guys! Im hoping next time i dont get flagged for a STAR inspection and it will be easier.
    Ima smog tech for star station lol,
    all silicone hoses we fail visually depending on the tech, if hes cool hell pass u if hes by the book he wont, legally he'll fail u cause silicone hoses collapse, if u notice the silicone is weak and flimsy, the black oem ones are hard and wont collapse on u making ur vacuum source more reliable incase one did pinch. But just a heads up in the future, once someone sees colorful bay they get worried, even bovs, if u guys wana be save just paint everything Black lol keeps its more lowkey and they'll think its stock beleive me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12