Thread: Viper Alarm Issues - PLEASE HELP!!

Cars
    03 TB VIII

Viper Alarm Issues - PLEASE HELP!!

Hey guys,

I posted this a couple days ago, but probably in the wrong section - sorry about that!

So unfortunately, I know absolutely NOTHING about car
    alarm systems, let alone the Viper that was already installed in my Evo. That being said, I'm having issues that started with the remote not working. Yes, I changed the battery, so that wasn't it. So I took it apart, the remote that is, as I had done before to see if maybe something got disconnected from it being dropped or banged around. This did nothing lol. Oh, and did I mention the remote stopped working when it was armed?? Oh yes, I had to unlock the car manually, hear the alarm go off for what seemed like forever before finding and disconnecting the module under my dash. I disabled the siren too because it was so annoying. So, now what do I do?? Does it need to be reprogrammed? Does anyone know how to do that? I'm going to get under the dash again to see if I can decifer which model the Viper Alarm is then try to troubleshoot it online.

I ended up stopping by a shop today and they said the "brain" or CPU is fried, done. Does this make sense? I didn't think those ever went bad but I guess it makes sense?

... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks SCE Fam!
    But because of his great love 4 us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive w/ Christ even when we were dead in sin—it is by grace u have been saved. And God raised us up w/ Christ and seated us w/ him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. - Ephesians 2:4-7 (NIV)

Canyon Racer
    You will want to check to see if your alarm is in valet mode. There should be a switch somewhere and/or an led which will let you knowing you are in valet mode. Take it out of valet mode. If your remote doesn't work at all meaning the brain is not receiving the signal from the remote then you might want to look at the wiring for the alarm antenna.
    KT Motoring
    10149 Canoga Avenue, Unit I
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (747) 224-0237

Cars
    03 TB VIII
    I will definitely look into that, thanks for the info!

You might have to reprogram the remote to the alarm brain thats if the antenna is good and its not in valet mode

Cars
    03 TB VIII
    Well all, the stereo shop said my brain is done. I didn't believe them, so I purchased another brain on eBay. They checked that one too and said it's bad. This just doesn't make sense to me. Any suggestions??? I wish I knew more about alarm systems *smh* I just want my autostart back again, grrr ...