Thread: Any grace period for no front plate citations?

Any grace period for no front plate citations?

I work at SWC and since the semester hasn't started, there's hardly anyone on campus and so I guess the campus police are bored so they've been going around and passing out tickets/citations like candy.

Anyway, the day before yesterday(the 14th) I got a citation for no front plate. Today(the 16th), I got another one. I didn't even get a chance to pay the first one yet. Is there a grace period after the first one before I get another one? I'm surprised that both times they didn't give me a ticket for my tint which would have been way more expensive. I'm hoping I only need to pay one of the citations since I haven't even gotten a chance to pay the first or even put my plate on yet.

Thanks for any help.

They shouldn't be able to site you before you are able to fix it in a reasonable time. 2 days to me seems to be rather quick to remedy things.

How does that campus police have any authority with vehicle citations? That makes no sense to me. They should be just a step above a security guard. Just generating revenue for the greedy college.

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    That should be a fixing ticket tho
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Yeah, it is a fix-it ticket. I'm thinking I should just use some wires to attach my plate to my grill, then have someone on campus sign off on it. The campus police look like actual Chula Vista police that work on our campus so I'm not sure if they're a step above security guard. But I agree, two days seems a bit unreasonable between citations...

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    Campus police is no different than any other policing agency. When you go take care of the first ticket, take the second one with you. After fixing the first ticket, the second should be dismissed as well, but present both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoIX007 View Post
    Campus police is no different than any other policing agency. When you go take care of the first ticket, take the second one with you. After fixing the first ticket, the second should be dismissed as well, but present both at the same time.
    Thanks, mang. I hope you're right. I'm planning on attaching my plate with wires to the front grill. You think they'd accept that as fixed?

Yah just have who ever signs off on the first one do the second as well. They where both marked correctable right? If you get pulled over again just show them the tickets you already have and they will probably let you off.

Quote Originally Posted by biggiesacks View Post
    Yah just have who ever signs off on the first one do the second as well. They where both marked correctable right? If you get pulled over again just show them the tickets you already have and they will probably let you off.
    It doesn't say anywhere on my citation that it's correctable but along with the citation, they attached a photocopied slip with some instructions on it and at the bottom it says something about having the opportunity to correct certain citations(the 5200 citation I have is one of them) so I guess it is correctable.

Quote Originally Posted by XKalibur84 View Post
    It doesn't say anywhere on my citation that it's correctable but along with the citation, they attached a photocopied slip with some instructions on it and at the bottom it says something about having the opportunity to correct certain citations(the 5200 citation I have is one of them) so I guess it is correctable.
    With LAPD, Sheriffs Dept, and CHP it is at the officers discretion if it is correctable or not, on the ticket there are check boxes for Yes or No. Wierd that yours didnt have something similar but each department uses their own form of citation.

Quote Originally Posted by XKalibur84 View Post
    I work at SWC and since the semester hasn't started, there's hardly anyone on campus and so I guess the campus police are bored so they've been going around and passing out tickets/citations like candy.

Anyway, the day before yesterday(the 14th) I got a citation for no front plate. Today(the 16th), I got another one. I didn't even get a chance to pay the first one yet. Is there a grace period after the first one before I get another one? I'm surprised that both times they didn't give me a ticket for my tint which would have been way more expensive. I'm hoping I only need to pay one of the citations since I haven't even gotten a chance to pay the first or even put my plate on yet.

Thanks for any help.
    Heya. I never had a front plate in CA, i did occasionally put the plate in the front window.

After i left the state the first thing i did is put it in storage... No other state has stupid laws like that. I'm in the dirty south now, and they only give you ONE plate. I found my mounting packages for the front plate and put them in the "recycle" bin.

Someone should fight the legality of requiring two plates...

On topic, though, yeah, the original ticket will pre-empt the second one when you pay / fix it. Since it's not a moving or parking violation it's like being parked with a flat tire. Unless you were moving at the time, then the second cop should have been told you haven't passed your court date yet.

Tallyho.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here. I'll help clear it up... You have 48hrs to correct a fix it ticket... For example a front plate ticket can be re issued to you 48hrs the first one you recieved. It shouldn't take that long to get your plate mounted. Second is that any officer can choose where or not to make the citation correctable. To be honest if a second or third cops see that you've already gotten the same ticket before and you haven't corrected the problem there is a good chance they will make it so that its not correctable. Lastly, the statement of using wires to mount the license plate, depending on the officer, thats not going to fly, it must be securely mounted (bolted)... hope this helps