Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EF3 27psi E85 (stock block) 491hp 410tq

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Lki3r View Post
    So you broke 500hp at 7.5k rpm. How often are you going to get to use that and for how long do you use it? Once in a blue moon for a fraction of a second before you need to shift? I don't understand the obsession with engines that peak way out at the end of the rpm band rather than have a more usable power under the curve. Personally, I'd set the engine up to only 400hp peaking and flatlining from 4.5k all the way out to 7k. To each their own, I guess.
    Dyno #s are for dick swinging on the internet bro, didn't you know?

Same reason why I don't get cams. Many lose low end power where, if your car is a daily driver, it probably is 80% of time and for what? 30 HP up top and shitty fuel economy?

Cars
    2013 WW X MR Previous: 2004 VIII AS GSR SSL
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Lki3r View Post
    So you broke 500hp at 7.5k rpm. How often are you going to get to use that and for how long do you use it? Once in a blue moon for a fraction of a second before you need to shift? I don't understand the obsession with engines that peak way out at the end of the rpm band rather than have a more usable power under the curve. Personally, I'd set the engine up to only 400hp peaking and flatlining from 4.5k all the way out to 7k. To each their own, I guess.
    /facepalm wow
    Welcome to this side of the barbed wire fence. I fight rich, powerful, criminal elements working in unison against the people...They call me a terrorist.

I get great gas mileage with cams all has to do with setup and a great tuner :)
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

btack

Good job man. That's some nice power. And congrats on the self tuning. People just hate because they don't have the balls to do it them selves. If you have gotten to the point that you are self tuning to that level , you obviously know what you're getting yourself into with that kind of power. And for those commenting on the power being in the upper rpmīs that is the safer option for getting more power on a stock block. If you can please post. a log with timing and afr.

btack
    Quote Originally Posted by amaev05 View Post
    Good job man. That's some nice power. And congrats on the self tuning. People just hate because they don't have the balls to do it them selves. If you have gotten to the point that you are self tuning to that level , you obviously know what you're getting yourself into with that kind of power. And for those commenting on the power being in the upper rpmīs that is the safer option for getting more power on a stock block. If you can please post. a log with timing and afr.
    Thanks man, that's probably the most level headed comment I've gotten in all my days on these forums.

For some reason I've never been able to post logs on Socalevo.net. They won't upload on here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12