View Poll Results: Should I trade my X MR to a GSR?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 38.10%
  • No

17 40.48%
  • Get a 2015 WRX ... lol jk.

9 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wanna trade my X MR to a GSR..

Cars
    13' PB Evo X MR

I wanna trade my X MR to a GSR..

Well guys, I am getting that crave of switching to the manual GSR.. I live in LA and traffic is terrible here and for that reason the MR is great! But i am still craving the manual tranny any way. I daily drive my evo and the dual clutch is awesome for that, but I just feel like i need the manual!!! I have a base MR. And I just saw a fully loaded 2014 GSR at a dealer, with the leather seats and even heated seats!! sun roof rockford fosgate system, sight and sound system, spoiler. The works! The only thing i didn't like is the stock rims. But they aren't too bad.. Overall, it looked beautiful inside and out. It's the same color as mine, Phantom Black. Mine is wingless.

And based on handling/performance what are the biggest differences aside from the 5 speed manual transmission? I heard that the suspension is stiffer on the GSR? True?

What are your thought guys?

Should i pull the trigger on the GSR or stick with my MR??

Thanks!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    you have a 2013, so chances are if its a purchase, you are upside-down by a big margin. its gonna be a big financial hit. handling wise its gonna be the same, especially as a dd.

but its your money. if you can secure the financing, then go for it. if it was me, no. I wouldnt do it. i would have gone for what I originally wanted in the first place.

Sportback Evolution MR

Team Knee Pads Baller Member evoempire's Avatar
    Trade it in for a ct9a problem solved. lol

Quote Originally Posted by evoempire View Post
    Trade it in for a ct9a problem solved. lol
    What this guy said ;^^^^^^^^^^^^
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

I've gone through an 03 GSR, 05 MR, 08 MR and 2010 Ralliart.
    If I were to buy another Evo, I would definitely want a manual and I'd likely step down to a IX over another X.

Experienced
    Cars
    1995 Ford Probe GT, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6, 2013 GSR
    You'd be pretty gangster if you trade in your MR for a GSR. Must have ca$h flowing out of the pockets. The suspension on the GSR is supposed to be a bit stiffer, yes, but opinion varies on whether the difference is significant or not. As for me, I've been driving manuals exclusively almost two decades and I don't see any reason to change that anyTime soon, short of losing a limb. Maybe I'm just finally getting deep into the "old fart" age range and don't want to change my ways. Git off mah lawn!
    RRE Tuned (bolt ons, flex fuel), West End Alignment (KW v3 coils)

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 WW MR, 2004 AS GSR
    i think you need to ask yourself what you want deal with on a daily basis. is your daily commute long? do you have to deal with horrible traffic to and from work every day? if so, then you are like me and should stick with the MR. I also have an VIII though for when i want to play around.

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    As mentioned above, if it's financially logical, then do it. If you're gonna be taking a huge loss it isn't worth it.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Experienced
    Cars
    2014 Evo X GSR, 2012 Nissan Armada, 2001 VW Jetta TDI (DD)
    if money is not an issue then do it. IMO it wouldn't be worth it for me cause you'd be upside down a lot. I told my wife that the only way we can get an evo is if it was stick. I was able to sway her to get the GSR and she doesn't regret it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Evo Beauty View Post
    What this guy said ;^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What they said^^^

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Keep the MR and save your lunch money for a year and buy a EVO 8 or 9 to play with. Keep the MR stock (or better yet, get a RalliArt) for sitting in traffic all day everyday and the EVO 8/9 for having too much fun with. The X GSR isnt a bad ass track car and isnt a sweet daily driver sitting in stop and go traffic car either. With one of each you have the full EVO spectrum covered.

Mike W

Cars
    Evo 9 GSR
    I don't live in LA, but I've been through its traffic and it sucks. I feel like an automatic is almost a must in LA, unless your commute dodges traffic. It would be more logical to keep the MR.

Cars
    13' PB Evo X MR
    Well guys, my daily commute is not so bad. So I'm not Sooo worried about traffic but I definitely have my shares in hitting traffic and it drives me crazy. Based on being upside down on the Evo's value.. I'm not worried about that. I actually leased my Evo so I can decide weather if I want to keep it or not. So I don't want to keep my Base MR. To me it's not worth keeping. I feel that if I had the GSR with the options that the one I checked out has I would keep it.

Based on commute I'm not so worried about it because I usually work from home, sometime I gotta go on locations for work so that might suck if there is traffic. Other than that I go to the gym and chill with friends. Lol

The MR is leased and I don't want to buy this one and keep it.

I have an option to switch over to a fully loaded GSR with possibly no down payment but my monthly will go up a bit.

Or i keep the MR for the rest of the lease and return it and then switch to a GSR or get another car. Which I don't really want another car. Unless it's a 911 GT3 :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Keep the MR and save your lunch money for a year and buy a EVO 8 or 9 to play with. Keep the MR stock (or better yet, get a RalliArt) for sitting in traffic all day everyday and the EVO 8/9 for having too much fun with. The X GSR isnt a bad ass track car and isnt a sweet daily driver sitting in stop and go traffic car either. With one of each you have the full EVO spectrum covered.

Mike W

This. See my sig. Doesn't get much better. (Except I still need a good hauling truck yet)
    '03 BBY VIII GSR (The Blue Bomber) Corn Fed + some
    '10 WW X MR (Her car) "RRE Super Stock"

Cars
    2013 WW X MR Previous: 2004 VIII AS GSR SSL
    Keep the MR until your lease term is up. Make your decision then, save your money in the mean time.
    Welcome to this side of the barbed wire fence. I fight rich, powerful, criminal elements working in unison against the people...They call me a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckolaker View Post
    Keep the MR until your lease term is up. Make your decision then, save your money in the mean time.
    that's if they still sell evos by then...

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    What they said^^^
    +1 with all these guys

I have an evo X MR. I am going to be commuting from Thousand Oaks to Valencia every day. When I finish my build in the next couple weeks Ill have an FP red with supporting mods installed for my daily commute. I plan on buying a evo IX and doing an FP black 2.3 stroker build for the weekend/ fun car when im not commuting. Hope this helps a little.

if money isnt an issue then go trade it in because the cost of changing clutch on the x mr is more expensive (3-4k or parts and labor or replace the whole tranny for 10k) than clutch on the x gsr (1-2k). but if you ever get a chance to come across a clean, low mileage evo 9 do it asap.
    Last edited by 41ace; 02-23-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/1291162441232.gif?w=342&h=336

Cars
    2013 CB Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    you have a 2013, so chances are if its a purchase, you are upside-down by a big margin. its gonna be a big financial hit. handling wise its gonna be the same, especially as a dd.

but its your money. if you can secure the financing, then go for it. if it was me, no. I wouldnt do it. i would have gone for what I originally wanted in the first place.
    What Macky said… I made this mistake last year...

I bought a brand new 2012 Ralliart, and after 6 months I traded it in for a 2013 GSR. I was upside down by a lot… I'm paying an embarrassing amount per month on a lease as a 28 year old with really good credit… If I could go back I would've just enjoyed the RA for at least a few years and then traded it in...

But it's up to you. I know how you feel. At the time everyone warned me (even Macky) and I wanted the GSR so bad I said "fuk it" and got it anyway… It was weird cause after I brought the GSR home I encountered all these horrible things as if it were karma saying "you shoulda waited." The day I brought my GSR home I noticed the rear wheel was curbed from the dealer. I brought it back and they denied it and said I must have done it.. then a few weeks later some 16 year old girl keyed my car because she claimed I took her parking spot… and then a month or so later a metal filing cabinet tipped over and scratched my driverside fender…

Anyways, do what YOU want… Everyone is just giving you advice. I'd keep the MR and make a nice build out of it with the money you'd be spending on the difference :)
    Instagram: @jodytiongco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast