Thread: Risk of tow or ticket?

Risk of tow or ticket?

hey guys, I wanted to ask this question because I don't know if they can legally do it or not.

But anyways, I always park in this small shopping center because the bus to school is literally steps away. Recently, a wings-n-things opened up, and they have a bit of parking right outside their establishment.

I always parked my car right in the middle between the restaurant and a bank of america, and there are no signs (there were signs, but they took it off for some reason) that states it is reserved for customers only.

However, these douches (employees) in the restaurant started scoping me out every time I leave and grab my backpack to catch the bus and when I come back.

I'm not parked directly in front of their restaurant but in the middle. I'm a bit hesitant they may call the tow, and wanted to ask if they can legally do that even though there are no signs restricting customers only?

thanks

Cars
    Dodrio
    They can tow, cause its private property. Many shopping center near schools, example UCI. They will tow your car if they see you are a student and parking you car in their lot (regardless of how empty the lot is).

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    Yeah, don't risk it getting towed. Possibility of incorrect towing could give you a huge headache.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    not worth risking it. you already have a gut feeling that something doesn't sit right. trust it and park somewhere else.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    +1, don't need to repeat what everyone has already mentioned. Not worth the risk.

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Yup don't risk it dude. There's a guy on here recently that got his car towed and they didn't put it on a flat bed and now he needs a new transfercase. Save the headache and find a new parking spot.

Cars
    Ebo IX
    Quote Originally Posted by kambodianboi View Post
    They can tow, cause its private property. Many shopping center near schools, example UCI. They will tow your car if they see you are a student and parking you car in their lot (regardless of how empty the lot is).
    +119782987 happens everyday at uci! they chalk your tires and if they notice youre around 3+ hours later they'll get yo ass

good to know. I figure if there are no signs it would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by evodriver49 View Post
    +119782987 happens everyday at uci! they chalk your tires and if they notice youre around 3+ hours later they'll get yo ass
    That's not chalk especially on your car

we recently bought a GMC towing truck which we are using for tow truck near me, will share some pics here soon.

Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneAmara View Post
    Time have really changed. Nowadays maybe illegal
    To where? SoCal?
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

It's important to always be aware of parking regulations in the area where you park your vehicle to avoid being towed or ticketed