So I'm sure that any and all of you that snowboard know, the drive out to Mammoth is always full of cops. Knowing this ahead of time, I always try to keep my speed down. Two weeks ago I was driving out to Mammoth at night, around 11pm and I saw a car pulled over on the side of the road, as I approached it, (white hatchback) it pulled in front of me, merging back onto the highway. I slowed since his speed was not up to mine (I was going 65mph slowed to 55mpg) As soon as I passed where he was pulled over, I realized there was a cop car on the side of the road and as soon as I passed him he turned his headlights on. He was sitting in the dark with no headlights on and no street light behind the pulled over hatchback. Another car on the road passed both of us speeding well over 75mph but as soon as I passed the police officer, he pulled up behind me and turned on his lights to pull me over.

I know for a FACT that I was not speeding but when he pulled me over he said I was going 75-80mph. What would be the best way to fight this other than trial by declaration? Could he have mistaken me for speeding instead of the other car because I drive an Evo. I have been told by a police officer in Bishop that they try to find any way to pull over cars with snowboards on their roof because over 70% of they time they also have weed in their car. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)