Thread: Heater bypass hose. need help

Heater bypass hose. need help

Sorry. Typing on my phone. Had a coolant smell and car overheated yesterday so I looked around and saw coolant pooling under throttle body. Filled coolant and took car to scm. They said heater bypass hose was busted. Parts and labor are going to be around 500. About 450 with discount to replace all hoses. Is this a fair price? Can I get it done cheaper? Thanks in advance.

Sorry I meant heater bypass hose in the subject.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    changed.

do you have a pic of the hose or where its at? I have no idea where this is. but if its *just a hose*, then the hose, clamps and maybe extra coolant shouldnt be a couple hundred bucks at the most if its an easily accessible area.

Sportback Evolution MR

Hose is around $10 there f#$king crazy ass trying to rape you with that price
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Take it to your nearest shop, tuning technologies or rre
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Cars
    Ebo IX
    time to remove the heater core, reroute coolant lines and save some weight + headaches

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    I highly recommend not remove the heater. the hose come from the back of the block, close to the manifold if it's a 8/9. check the firewall and you should find the leak. If the issues is the heater it self, then you may need to work hard to remove it and go to any shop with TIG that work with aluminum.

DSM way ... DIY

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Yeah I wouldn't remove the heater either, walk into O'Reilly auto parts and buy the heater hose, brand is gates, watch YouTube how to's and fix it dude. It really isn't a difficult job.