Thread: F/S: 06 graphite gray Evo IX SE, 2.3L stroker, 43k miles, 450-550 whp (COLORADO)

Cars
    2006 IX SE, 2003 AP1 S2000

F/S: 06 graphite gray Evo IX SE, 2.3L stroker, 43k miles, 450-550 whp (COLORADO)

*** SOLD ***

Mileage: 43,000
    Whp: 380 to 580 (depending on boost/tune)
    Price: $19,500 and up. Please see this thread for details (the price will depend on what wheels, suspension, and exhaust you want to buy it with): http://www.rmsolo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13857

The car is in Longmont, CO (about an hour from Denver).

Here is a link to pictures I took of the car on April 10 2014: http://postimg.org/gallery/bliaru6e/

Last edited by EGbeater; 06-02-2014 at 09:12 PM.
    March 25, 2023: Back to a CT9A Evo after a C6 Z06 and F80 M3!

Cars
    Here is what the car has on it, and is included with the OEM suspension and 17" wheels for only $19.5k:

ENGINE

2.3L engine build/engine block machining - $1800
    Manley billet 100mm stroker crank - $1200
    Manley H-beam rods - $330
    CP 10.5:1 C/R forged pistons - $450
    balance shaft delete kit - $160
    Fluidampr 610702 aluminum crank pulley (discontinued, no longer available) - $320
    CBRD BBK-B ported ball bearing turbo w optional 3.5" antisurge cover - $2740
    JM Fabrications 3″ intake + silicone couplers/reducers - $120
    Vibrant cone filter/MAF adapter - $50
    Megan O2 housing - $110
    Megan 3" stainless steel downpipe (Cerakote V-171 ceramic coated by Applied Plastic, Wheatridge, CO) - $280
    3" stainless steel test pipe (w custom bung for wideband O2 sensor) - $100
    MAP ported OEM exhaust manifold (Cerakote V-171 ceramic coated by Applied Plastic, Wheatridge, CO) - $420
    MIL.SPEC 65mm throttle body - $300
    ported cylinder head + valve job for oversize valves - $600
    MAP V2 ported 65mm TB inlet OEM intake manifold - $285
    Cosworth M2 (272) camshafts - $650
    Supertech dual valve spring kit (1007, 92 lb. @ 39.6) - $350
    Supertech 1+mm valves - $230
    MAP/A1 Technologies Ultimate Duty H11 head studs - $250
    Cosworth FSL 20001690 head gasket - $160
    Gates Racing T167RB1 timing belt - $120
    Fuel Injector Clinic BlueMAX 1,350cc injectors - $430
    Treadstone TRE342 pump - $120
    Agency Power fuel rail - $175
    XS-Power FMIC - $260
    Muse Motorsports aluminum upper and lower IC piping kit - $285
    Forge UNOS manual boost controller - $80
    AMS/Moroso baffled extra capacity oil pan - $670
    DIY valvecover venting + Allstar catchcan + AN stainless drainback line - $110
    Ballistic 100-012 Evo2 12-cell Li-Fe battery (weighs 3 lb) - $166
    Zaklee clear timing belt cover - $100

DRIVETRAIN

OS Giken TS2B twin-plate clutch/flywheel kit (MT031-BC3) - $1700
    OS Giken push conversion kit (MT031-BC30M) - $420
    Kansai Service/HKS 4.11 final drive - $1000
    TRE MAX-LOCK 12-plate rear differential with TRE billet steel HD side cover and fluid level sight glass - $920
    Wavetrac helical/clutchpack front differential - $1100
    TRE-built heavy duty transfer case with shot-peened ring gear - $425
    Speed-source braided stainless steel upper clutch line - $30
    Kartboy urethane shifter linkage bushings - $30
    Whiteline front roll center correction kit (KCA395) - $200
    Whiteline rear bump steer kit (KCA388) - $60
    ARP 100-7712 extended wheel studs (front) - $50
    Raybestos ST-43 front brake pads and Hawk HP Plus rear brake pads - $360
    Technafit stainless steel brake lines - $85

INTERIOR/MISCELLANEOUS

Binary driver's seat lowering brackets (lowers seat 1.5") - $80
    Autometer 22618 dual A-pillar gauge pod - $70
    Autometer 20023 single steering column gauge pod - $38
    Autometer 4703 carbon fiber face 2 1/16" boost gauge - $80
    SPA DG217 oil pressure/boost dual gauge - $400
    AMS braided stainless line for remote oil pressure gauge sending unit -$35
    AEM UEGO 30-4100 wideband O2 gauge - $155
    Speedhut GR-WTR-01 water temp gauge - $120
    MR replica roof vortex generator - $40
    OMP EB/571 front tow ring - $30
    Viper security system with keyless entry - $300

TOTAL: $21,150
    Last edited by EGbeater; 04-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Awesome package, saw it on EVOm.net... I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the salvage title. GLWS!

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by otbevo View Post
    Awesome package, saw it on EVOm.net... I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the salvage title. GLWS!
    I understand; there are definitely a lot of scary salvage-titled cars out there.

I felt the same way when I was considering buying this car (it was rebuilt by the shop/seller I bought it from), but after learning that the reason for the title change was theft/vandalism—the SE package wheels/tires were stolen along with the front seats; a front lower control arm was bent that needed to be replaced; and minor cosmetic damage to a front fender—I can see why an insurance company might have felt it was worth totaling it out, yet wasn't anything I was afraid to buy/own myself.

I bought the car with about 8,000 miles on it in February of 2008, so it's been through much more in my ownership than the events that caused the title change. And I've had it aligned and realigned at least a dozen times (during the course of trying different setups of autocross and track driving)—the frame is straight/fine.

Lastly, the value in this particular Evo is not in the title—it's in the huge amount of parts cost and labor invested to build it. :)

Cars
    evo 8, 06' e55 amg, gvr4 x 3, 1ga dsm, 88' cressida, 97' landcruiser, 93' hilux, 86' samurai
    Pics of the salvage title state? Meaning the condition it was in at the insurance facility? Also willing to provide police report that states the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by EGbeater View Post
    I understand; there are definitely a lot of scary salvage-titled cars out there.

I felt the same way when I was considering buying this car (it was rebuilt by the shop/seller I bought it from), but after learning that the reason for the title change was theft/vandalism—the SE package wheels/tires were stolen along with the front seats; a front lower control arm was bent that needed to be replaced; and minor cosmetic damage to a front fender—I can see why an insurance company might have felt it was worth totaling it out, yet wasn't anything I was afraid to buy/own myself.

I bought the car with about 8,000 miles on it in February of 2008, so it's been through much more in my ownership than the events that caused the title change. And I've had it aligned and realigned at least a dozen times (during the course of trying different setups of autocross and track driving)—the frame is straight/fine.

Lastly, the value in this particular Evo is not in the title—it's in the huge amount of parts cost and labor invested to build it. :)
    Couldn't agree more... at least it's not an accident related salvage issue. I think the main concern, for me at least, is that no bank is going to give me a loan for a salvage titled vehicle that comes in around a clean title price... and I certainly don't have a spare $21k sitting around

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 POWER View Post
    Pics of the salvage title state? Meaning the condition it was in at the insurance facility? Also willing to provide police report that states the damage?
    Unfortunately I wasn't provided that information when I bought it, so I don't have it to pass on to a potential buyer. I can certainly provide closeup pics of the damaged passenger side fender, and I can assure you that the passenger-side front lower control arm was replaced (there were grease pencil markings on it from the salvage yard the part came from), and that I didn't get the OEM wheels/tires with the car. When I first went to remove the OEM front seats (to install aftermarket racing shells), most of the bolts were not torqued properly, plus one of the clips at the front of the center console was broken (you have to pull the center console to access the two rear inner mounting bolts for the sears) so in my eyes that was "proof" the seats had been recently reinstalled by someone other than Mitsubishi assembly workers.

The best I can do is provide a CARFAX for any interested parties, which I understand is not the same information.

I can also provide multiple alignment sheets to show that car is straight enough to have been a pretty successful race car. And after owning the car for over six years, and having removed (and reinstalled) the entire interior, including the carpet and the dashboard, as well as having personally R&Red the entire drivetrain (engine/tranny/T-case/rear diff), I can guarantee you it is not a flood car.

Yes, a rebuilt-title car isn't worth as much as a clean title car. I do understand that the title presents a problem for interested buyers who need to rely on bank financing to buy the car. Again, the value of this car and the components it includes should be clear to someone who is interested in a highly modified, high-performance Evo.

Please call me at 72O.938.14O3 if you want to ask questions about the car or would like me to email you the car's past alignment sheets that I mentioned.

Cars

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    I think it's also the second the insurance pays out after it was stolen (wasn't recovered in a few days) they have to claim it salvage since they paid it out.

Can still be a PITA to insure and requires inspection if you want full coverage since someone already was given the cash value of the vehicle.

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1 View Post
    Can still be a PITA to insure and requires inspection if you want full coverage since someone already was given the cash value of the vehicle.
    Does not matter if there's already been a payout on the value of the car. I currently have full coverage on the car through State Farm. Obviously, back when I bought the car six years ago, I inquired comprehensively about whether they'd cover it for a normal amount like a clean title car. My local agent just took a couple of pictures in the parking lot to document the condition of the car when they wrote the policy. That was it. I've since made a claim on the policy and had zero issues.