Thread: Air Conditioning blows warm/hot when car not moving

Air Conditioning blows warm/hot when car not moving

Need some help, I have read that this could be due to the fan not engaging. But the fan is working. Any other ideas or things i should try? This was not a big issue over the past winter, but the past couple warm days have left me pretty moist inside my car.
    Got a bunch of mods... And i got a train horn to wake up the neighbors and let people know when they are driving like idiots!

Cars
    2013 WW X MR Previous: 2004 VIII AS GSR SSL
    What year? How often do you run your A/C?
    Welcome to this side of the barbed wire fence. I fight rich, powerful, criminal elements working in unison against the people...They call me a terrorist.

2005. a/c is not run that often. probably only when it gets above 87/88 degrees outside. also, i only drive the car 3-4 days a week.
    Got a bunch of mods... And i got a train horn to wake up the neighbors and let people know when they are driving like idiots!

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Accessory belt ?? . If that not the case, you should have a leaks. Go to a A/C shop, ask for full seal replacement. every 2 years you need to replace 1 or 2 seals in hot weathers. Also seals get dry and crack with heat from the motor.

I am working on scheduling my 120k service, so i will have the belt replaced then. Looks like i need to take it in. Just hope they dont try to sell me a whole new ac unit. thanks for the advice!

Cars
    2013 WW X MR Previous: 2004 VIII AS GSR SSL
    Sounds to me like it just needs A/C service. Could just need a refill of refrigerant.
    Welcome to this side of the barbed wire fence. I fight rich, powerful, criminal elements working in unison against the people...They call me a terrorist.

Anyone have a recommendation on where to take it in orange county...HB or NB area?

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckolaker View Post
    Sounds to me like it just needs A/C service. Could just need a refill of refrigerant.
    I recommend a leak check in the A/C system first. if it needs refill, it leaked from a seal... so on step at time. if you almost at 120k service, then reschedule the 120K, then go to the A/C shop to discard any damage or problem during the 120K service. at least my 2 cents

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah

Found issue... it was the compressor clutch.

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by bzzbee2 View Post
    Found issue... it was the compressor clutch.
    How much is that gonna cost u?
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Cars
    EVO X MR
    if its the compressor clutch, they may not have a replacement by itself. you may need to get the compressor itself

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2645&ppt=C0354

I have the same issue mines due to the fan motor being burnt out.

Found the issue here. was going to try to do it, but i cant get the clutch off. Its corroded on. I will probably have to replace it, but 20 bucks to fix it is worth a try.

So your fan was spinning the one closer to the turbo

Yea, the fan was spinning. but the clutch wouldn't engage the compressor.

How long does it usually last before you have to refill the refrigerant? I don't recall ever having to have it refilled although it doesn't seem to blow as cold as I like it to.

Cars
    03 TB VIII
    Ok, I have a similar problem except my a/c wasn't having any issues, aside from not being very cool in my opinion, so I decided to use some of that "A/C Pro" stuff and it seemed to work just fine. I ran it through the system and recharged it as instructed. My car sat for a day or so and when I got in it today and turned on the A/C it made a weird almost knocking noise. Of course when I popped the hood the noise went away. Everything seems to be functioning correctly and sounds good, but when I'm driving that noise still comes & goes. I can even feel the car being slowed down while running the A/C. When I'm cruising I feel the car slow down very slightly, as if I applied the breaks just a bit, then that goes away and it cruises as it should, slowing down on it's own, weird ... idk what to do ...take it in?

03 VIII btw, just reached 100k miles.

I had something similar last year. The air conditioning in my car has stopped working, and most importantly because of what I do not know. From the beginning, I wanted to fix it myself, but when I got there, I realized that I absolutely do not understand anything about it and it is better to ask my father for advice. I told him about it, even showed him, he decided that he could fix the air conditioner itself. I initially insisted on the service, but my dad is such a person that it is easier to agree with him. Well, after my father's failed attempt to fix the air conditioner, he found me this service himself socool.sg who fixed everything in an hour. I came to the conclusion that it is always necessary to turn to professionals.
    Last edited by LisaHamiltonEu; 07-28-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaHamiltonEu View Post
    I had something similar last year. The air conditioning in my car has stopped working, and most importantly because of what I do not know.
    Have you got your a/c issues resolved? How did you get it fixed?
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0