Thread: Anyone work in the medical industry as a nurse or pharmacist?

Anyone work in the medical industry as a nurse or pharmacist?

Curious if anyone is working in this field and has any advice for newbs that are starting out in the industry.

Im not working in the field yet but im going 2 school to major in radiology! trying to get accepted into Loma Linda Univ.

Cars
    10' WW CZ4A
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoAku View Post
    Im not working in the field yet but im going 2 school to major in radiology! trying to get accepted into Loma Linda Univ.
    Nice, i'm majoring in Radiology as well. What kind of requirements does Loma Linda require?

Sorry for hijacking your thread! LOL

Cars
    2016 BMW M4 ZCP
    I'm a nurse. What kind of help do you need?
    What is power without control?

Freshmen English: One-year college sequence
    Speech: One quarter/semester in college
    Introduction to Computers: One quarter/semester in college; or 1 year of high school computer courses
    Medical Terminology: One quarter/semester in college
    Human Anatomy and Physiology: Must include two sections, both with a lab
    Introduction to Chemistry or Physics: One year of high school, or one quarter/semester at the college level
    Mathematics: Two years of high school math: Algebra I & II, Geometry, Trigonometry; or quarter/semester college equivalent of Intermediate Algebra.
    Social Sciences: General Psychology or Sociology in college
    Religious Studies: Students who attended a Seventh-day Adventist College must have 4-quarter units of credit for each year attended.
    Electives: Students may take any type of regular (non-remedial) college courses to make up the required 42 quarter-units (28 semester units).

Cars
    06 Wicked White IX
    Happy Nurses week guys!!!

Anyone work in the medical field?

nursing

I'm a nurse. What kind of help do you need?
    Nice Davey, how's the job market for new nurses?

anyone know of any jobs available? will have a degree in science soon and a degree in radiology in 2.5 years! im just trying to get my foot in the door

Cars
    Dodrio
    I work with radiologist doctors, but my company is mainly data entry stuff. kinda boring. Teleradiology stuff.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

still a respectable field. Does that mean you are hiring? lol

Cars
    Dodrio
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoAku View Post
    still a respectable field. Does that mean you are hiring? lol
    We might be hiring to fulfill some position due to our expansion, however the office is in Chino hills. Like I said, its data entry stuff. Hospitals sends us CT, MRI, XRay, ultrasound, etc to us, then our staff will redirect those to our own radiologist, they read the images, write up a prelim, submit it back to our database, our staff in the office sends it out back to the hospital. Pretty simple, however the hours sucks, lol. (6pm - 8am) Cause most hospital now do not have in house radiologist after 5PM.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Wtf is up with this forum. Every time I post it shows up in the past instead of showing up on the bottom of the thread

well I dont mind the drive or the hours if the pay is good lol. I took some medical terminology course and Im a pretty good writer. Im interested! where do I apply?

Cars
    2016 BMW M4 ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by lowballevo View Post
    Nice Davey, how's the job market for new nurses?
    It's alright. It's better if you work in a specialized area like ICU(where I work), ER, OR, PACU, etc. but overall there are a lot of different ways to earn money. You could do nursing registry or home health on the side for a little bit of extra cash.
    What is power without control?

My sister is a pharmacist from USC, makes buko bucks but she started like 20 years ago. My niece just got her pharmacy degree but can't even get a job at cvs, weird how the market changes.

I'm a RN as well

Quote Originally Posted by davey111483 View Post
    It's alright. It's better if you work in a specialized area like ICU(where I work), ER, OR, PACU, etc. but overall there are a lot of different ways to earn money. You could do nursing registry or home health on the side for a little bit of extra cash.
    Registry is easiest way to walk away with the most cash in a day but it's not guaranteed work. Sure you can call in every morning/night to see if they need you buy if hospital census is low in the hospitals you want to work at, then they probably won't need you unless someone calls in sick and they cant get a regular worker to come in.

Home health is quick easy work that pays pretty well. Mostly paperwork from what I hear from friends. They usually spend 1 hour max at the patient's place...sometimes even like 10 minutes. lol

Job market sucks for new grads usually since the baby boomers are all working longer than expected. So once they all start retiring then there will be more job opportunities. Once you get your year or so of experience in then you should not have a hard time getting another job

Nurse and Pharmacist are different routes since Pharmacist required doing to med school lol