Thread: Electrical problems

Mr. Gangbang

Electrical problems

So it's hot as funk in OC and it seems like Mila (my x) is feeling it too. Car runs fine but my Head unit/LCD display isn't working and for some reason my keyless entry remote won't work to lock or unlock. Anyone else having these issues? Already made an appt. to take her in but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    do you have the FAST key? could be static due to all the wind. i was having trouble during my lunch hour too.

Sportback Evolution MR

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    do you have the FAST key? could be static due to all the wind. i was having trouble during my lunch hour too.
    No just regular remote. No after market alarm or anything.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    hmm that's interesting. I know heat can sometimes make an LCD screen turn all black and until it cools, it will stay dark like that. start the car, crank up the a/c and cool down the cabin, once the interior cools sufficiently enough, you should see your LCD come back. I dont think there's a lot of heat shielding between the dash top and the LCD screen on the newer Evos, and could be the reason why it got that way.

as far as your remote, that's quite odd to have that kind of problem, considering your car is much newer than mine.

Sportback Evolution MR

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    hmm that's interesting. I know heat can sometimes make an LCD screen turn all black and until it cools, it will stay dark like that. start the car, crank up the a/c and cool down the cabin, once the interior cools sufficiently enough, you should see your LCD come back. I dont think there's a lot of heat shielding between the dash top and the LCD screen on the newer Evos, and could be the reason why it got that way.

as far as your remote, that's quite odd to have that kind of problem, considering your car is much newer than mine.
    That I didn't know. Just got home so I'm gonna let her sit for a bit and cool down and I'll try it in a few.

Thanks Mack!

Mr. Gangbang

So, yesterday morning car fired up and everything was working fine. About 10 minutes away from work, my radio shuts off and my remote doesnt work again. Last night, I noticed my headlamps also turn off when I pull the key from the ignition. while the car is on, I have no inside reading lights, no usb power, and no light in glovebox. Cluster has power to it as do the SAW control's and traction control as far as the display tells me. I started thinking maybe a fuse blew causing the radio to go out but its odd that the lights and remote dont work either. I'll be taking her in first thing Monday morning to see wth is going on. I'll post an update as soon as I get a diagnosis.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    damn that's definitely more than just heat-related. check the underhood and kick panel fuse box for any blown fuses. obviously most of the controls are getting power, so something has to be dead elsewhere in the electrical system.

Sportback Evolution MR

Mr. Gangbang

yeah that's what I figured. Since she's still well under warranty, I'd rather just suffer without a radio for a few more days and have them figure it out.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    definitely get that checked out. you don't know what else could be wrong.

so no radio, map lights, no USB power and the remote works intermittently? the glovebox doesn't have a light unless you are referring to the cubby below the radio that is ahead of the shifter.

Sportback Evolution MR

Mr. Gangbang

Mos definitely will. But maybe I'm mistaken about the glovebox, I couldve sworn it had a light? lol I'll confirm once everything is back to normal.

Mr. Gangbang

Quick update. It was the IOD fuse that was loose. They said maybe it wasnt installed correctly the problem shouldnt persist. Glad thats over with haha I've attached a picture in case anyone else has any problems with this.image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    good to know. glad you're all set.

Sportback Evolution MR