Thread: irwindale today

irwindale today

Just got back from a day at the track, irwindale 1/8mile. First time out with my set up, stock block stock turbo stock o2 housing and both intake and exhaust manifold, plus all the other bolt ons, tuned on e85 401/356 By Rick at rre. Best time today on street tires was 7.76 at 90.82 with a rt of .202 and a 1.7 60 ft what do you guys think

Team Knee Pads Baller Member evoempire's Avatar
    Not bad at all for the setup. That is pretty much as fast as you are going to go on that setup unless you do some major weight reduction.

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    8/9 or X???....
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

This was a evo 9 gsr

I know I can get a better reaction time best one today was a .016 , and try to get my 60ft down a bit

My next mod will probably be an fp bb red with a toxic fab replacement tubular manifold

Quote Originally Posted by evo9ggmike View Post
    I know I can get a better reaction time best one today was a .016 , and try to get my 60ft down a bit
    Your rt has nothing to do with your et or 60ft. Unless you are just trying to work on that for shits.
    My next mod will probably be an fp bb red with a toxic fab replacement tubular manifold
    That will definitely make more power and help you on the back half of the run. Toxic makes some nice stuff. I think he use to work for a well known shop before he went solo.
    Poor mustang lol

Yea just trying to improve all around, that mustang was a new 5.0 on some meaty m/t drag radials and he red lighted lol

Yea just trying to improve all around, that mustang was a new 5.0 on some meaty m/t drag radials and he red lighted lol
    Work on setting your car up for better 60fts. 1.7 is damn quick for street tires. If you were on low pressure slicks you could probably shave another tenth maybe more which would translate into saving around 2-3 tenths over all. But be careful cause with that much tq and instant grip could mean a blown diff. So if you go that route you will need to have upgraded drivetrain as well.

Yea I know that's my biggest fear running slicks or a drag radial, don't wanna get to crazy with it till I'm done with my next plans for it hopefully I can reinforce some drive train parts. Thanksfor the feed back

Those numbers I made were street tuned on a vd by Rick, the numbers b4 were 400/389 tq on there lower correction but my resonator cracked so I took it off and made 401/356 street tuned

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    thread moved.

Sportback Evolution MR