Thread: Average cost to change SST transmission fluid?

Arcadia Meet Coordinator
    Cars
    2014 Evo X MR WW, 1995 Toyota Tercel

Average cost to change SST transmission fluid?

I'm approaching the 10k mile mark and was wondering what is the average cost to change the SST transmission fluid and how long should it take? Thanks,

Cars
    '14 Evo X MR, '06 TSX, '99 Prelude
    You will need two 4 Liter containers of Dia Queen SST, it typically runs around $120-$130/container online. Also remember to change your filter as well which runs about $120 for oem, but I think the SSP washable/resulable ones are much cheaper. If you were to do it yourself it run around ~$400.

Just remember you have to measure what you drained out, because there are no dipsticks on these things. Unless you get the SSP deep pan.

RRE quoted me about $550 and 5150 Racing quoted me about $700, however, you can and you should do it yourself.
    Kozmic sells OEM style paper filter for less than $50 IIRC, then all you need is the Diaqueen.
    In total you are looking at about $300 doing it yourself with more than half a can of Diaqueen left you can use for the next change.

DIY cost

2 4L can of Diaqueen SSTF-1 $250
    1 OEM filter (check Ebay) $55
    1 hr labor $0

Svc Manl says oil change alone requires 5.5L, 6.2L if you change the filter

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by michael8238 View Post
    RRE quoted me about $550 and 5150 Racing quoted me about $700, however, you can and you should do it yourself.
    Kozmic sells OEM style paper filter for less than $50 IIRC, then all you need is the Diaqueen.
    In total you are looking at about $300 doing it yourself with more than half a can of Diaqueen left you can use for the next change.
    Thats a big price difference between the two shops!!...diy ftw lol
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Cars
    2008 Evo X MR
    fredbeansparts has the cheapest sstf-1 I've seen but it comes out to the same price as MAPerformance because MAP doesn't charge shipping. I would get a reusable filter too (SSP and Dodson both make them). yea it's twice as much but you only have to get it once instead of every 15k miles (or however often you decide to change it). it's pretty easy to do yourself too, if you need any help/advice let me know
    AMS TMP Cams, GSC Beehive springs, Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS, Turboxs CBE & HFC, K&N Typhoon Intake, Jack's Built Transmission, SSP 500hp Clutchpack, Swift Spec-R Springs,Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars and End Links, Brembo Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Pads, OEM Fog Light Delete, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, VBG1
    Moore Automotive tuned 350/350

Arcadia Meet Coordinator
    Cars
    2014 Evo X MR WW, 1995 Toyota Tercel
    i just had puente hills dealership do mine, it was the 15k mile service so i had them change the diff, transfer case and tranny oils, they charged me around $500 for parts and labor. I supplied my own filter however, I used the dodson metal re-useable one. i dont really notice much of a difference after the fluid change really. but those guys were really cool and didnt care about my mods lol got a free carwash after too

Cars
    2008 Evo X MR
    nice! yea, that might not have been long enough to see a noticeable difference. I got my car at 35k miles and it was at 70k when I changed it the first time. it was a HUGE difference
    AMS TMP Cams, GSC Beehive springs, Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS, Turboxs CBE & HFC, K&N Typhoon Intake, Jack's Built Transmission, SSP 500hp Clutchpack, Swift Spec-R Springs,Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars and End Links, Brembo Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Pads, OEM Fog Light Delete, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, VBG1
    Moore Automotive tuned 350/350

Castrol BOT 341/ Castrol Trans Mercon V