Thread: wheel bearing replacement

wheel bearing replacement

Hello, does anyone have a write up for replacing the wheel bearings? I just need quick guide and approximately how long it took since this is currently my only car and need it for work the next day. Thank in advance.

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Thanks guys. Looks pretty straightforward.

The good thing is both front and rears are hub assembly which makes it easier for swapping the old ones out for new one. I did both front and rear

yeah I just took the front one off real fast but now I need help troubleshooting. There is no play in the bearing hub and it spun smooth and I did not hear any of the noise I hear while I drive. I put everything back on and I still hear a somewhat creaking noise coming from the driver side front and back wheels I just got the rims used and new tires. it cant be the breaks because as I coast to a stop and press the breaks the noise does not go away until I am at a complete stop. The rims hold air and I did not see any hop while being balance and there is no visible cracks on them. but now that I think about it, I did put my spare on it and let the car coast in my drive way and did not hear the noise. so I don't know if its the tires or rims.

I just read the evo x wheel fitment guide and I am not running the hubcentric rings. Are they really necessary? I keep getting mixed info on those.

not to make you sound dumb are you using a torque wrench to tighten the wheels down

what wheels are you running also

yeah I torque them down in a star pattern too. I am running varrstoen es3 with 275/35/18 hankook evo2's until I get the original volks.