Thread: A/C Issues, Weird Knocking Sounds

Cars
    03 TB VIII

A/C Issues, Weird Knocking Sounds

Ok guys, I need your help ... I wasn't having any issues, aside from not having ice cold air in my opinion, so I decided to use some of that "A/C Pro" stuff and it seemed to work just fine. I ran it through the system and recharged it as instructed. My car sat for a day or so over the weekend when I got in it today and turned on the A/C it made a weird almost knocking noise. Of course when I popped the hood to look the noise went away. Everything seemed to be functioning correctly and sounded fine after running for a few minutes, but when I started driving the noise still comes & goes. I can even feel the car being slowed down while running the A/C. When I'm cruising I feel the car slow down very slightly, as if I applied the breaks just a bit, then that goes away and it cruises as it should, slowing down on it's own, weird ... idk what to do ...take it in?

03 VIII btw, just reached 100k miles.
    But because of his great love 4 us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive w/ Christ even when we were dead in sin—it is by grace u have been saved. And God raised us up w/ Christ and seated us w/ him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. - Ephesians 2:4-7 (NIV)

Cars
    Dodrio
    One does not simply have a working AC in the EVO. lol

Using the AC does reduce overall performance of the EVO, sometime causing it to stall (multiple scenarios). You should do a leak test on your AC system. Even if your AC system seems to work, it could be leaking, meaning no FREON, meaning no ice cold air. Yet the compressor still runs, which draws power from the car performance, yada yada.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    EVO IX GSR WW
    Or remove it and save yourself 30lbs, just need a RS Belt to replace.
    Last edited by boobooevo; 11-11-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Experienced
    Cars
    EvoIX
    I would buy those self refill and install myself always had some issues my nephew informed (works as a tech at nissan) that those don't work since u never drain the system and fully recharge it properly