As some of you know, in recent times SoCalEvo.net has been inundated with members who simply join just to peddle and sell parts for their cars, never really bothering to become a contributing member of the community. This has been brought to the SoCalEvo.net team's attention on more than a few occasions since the change to the new Forum, and we have been working to correctly restrict these new users without affecting those who have been valued members of the community.

So starting today, the Private and Member Classifieds has now been reset with new restrictions specifically designed to cut down on new users who simply post for parts and spam the Forum. New users will not be able to post FS or WTB threads until their post count hits 150 posts.

The filter will take effect today and those of you who have more than 150 posts should still see the entire SoCalEvo.net Forum just fine. The new users will still see the rest of the Forum like the regular members, only with the Private and Member Classifieds restrictions.

Now if any of you have more than 150 posts and cannot see the Private and Member Classifieds, please PM me.

Thank you.

EDIT:

The script used will switch over your user's permissions at least an hour after you log in again. For example, since the change was done today, if you have just logged on, even if you have more than 150 post counts, the script may or may not immediately carry your user over to the right permissions.

So what you can do is just remain logged in for at least an hour, log off (not just close out the browser), and make sure all the cookies are cleared. Clear out your browser temp files and the cookies manually as well, then log in. The same goes for those users that have less than 150 posts but have been members for over a year. That is the solution that I sent to the users that PM me that fall in either category (member for over a year or have more than 150 posts).

After doing so, the script should pick you up and put you in the right category.

If you do not meet those two criteria (either been a member over a year or less than 150 posts), the only way for you to get access is to be an active user and get enough posts to meet the requirements.