Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Life After Evo

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    Ya see I'm the same way ! I'm not big on euro cars, idk just don't get my attention. Don't get me wrong looks nice an fast but not for me. I'm a japan or American muscle guy.
    agreed. while it would be nice to have a good European car, I just cannot justify the cost of ownership. plus. they're not exactly as aftermarket friendly as most Japanese and even domestic cars. just changing the lights alone are a headache on most BMWs and M-Bs.

if I did end up getting the new M3 that thing will probably remain stock for the rest of its life.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Dodrio
    Majority of BMW drivers are just leasing, with 3 years of free maintenance, there isnt much to lose. I'm still waiting on word to see when the next batch of M4s are coming in so I can get mine already. Also cost for most maintenance parts for the BMW are cheaper than most JDM cars, E92 M3/E60 M5 brake pads are $150 full set compared to GTR starting at $400 a set.

I mean, can't wait till my Dragonair evolves into a Dragonite.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by kambodianboi View Post
    Majority of BMW drivers are just leasing, with 3 years of free maintenance, there isnt much to lose. I'm still waiting on word to see when the next batch of M4s are coming in so I can get mine already. Also cost for most maintenance parts for the BMW are cheaper than most JDM cars, E92 M3/E60 M5 brake pads are $150 full set compared to GTR starting at $400 a set.

I mean, can't wait till my Dragonair evolves into a Dragonite.
    the no-cost maintenance definitely helps ease the cost of ownership. but then again, I plan on purchasing not leasing a new car. so i'd go over the free service plan real quick.

I do like the new M3/M4. kinda sucks the carbon brakes are only an M4-option and not available on the M3 sedan. those things will likely last the life of the car (about 5-6 years) if you don't track them.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    If I don't buy another Evo IX, then I'll probably end up in a GTR or M4.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Cars
    EVO X MR
    If I could afford a GTR... smh. The person that I bought my evo from back in the day upgraded to a godzilla, and had an M3. I remember back then, most people selling their evos were going different routes, Z06 or M3s.

Mr. Gangbang

Ya see I'm the same way ! I'm not big on euro guys, idk just don't get my attention. Don't get me wrong looks nice an hard, but not for me. I'm a japan or American guy lover.
    just had to all love!

Mr. Gangbang

Started driving with a 240, so RWD is always fun. After the Evo though, I don't think I would be able to go to anything lesser than it. In all honesty, after I pay it off and get into a house, I'll definitely try getting into a GTR. I'd say Aventador, but then I'd be fooling myself lol

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Richwithnomoney View Post
    just had to all love!
    Lmao. Good one !

Cars
    Dodrio
    Purchasing a used GTR now isn't so bad, 09-10 models are selling for $60k with nice bolt ons and low mileage. Then again they are just about out of warranty, so that's a risk. Most EVO guys now can probably hope into one putting monthly payments at about $800-1000 depending on how they plan to finance it, then slap on insurance, another $200+ a month.

The only bad thing I see starting from an EVO, is that you only want to move on up, and it isnt always easy. I got a hefty list of cars to get during a periodic time period, so this should be fun. And those who know me, spare some change? pls

Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Warranty? What is that? Lol

For the $60k you'd figure what else is out there around that price that compares to the GTR. (track, power, handling)

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by chinoxmk22 View Post
    Warranty? What is that? Lol

For the $60k you'd figure what else is out there around that price that compares to the GTR. (track, power, handling)
    Lol straight up, warranty to me is voided the moment you take the car off the lot anyway.

I did the same with the Evo. What else are you gonna get for about 30-40k with the potential it has? I was looking at used M3 Sedan's and they were still going for about 45k with tons of miles on em. My family and a few of my friends act like anything above 30k for a car is outrageous. I just use the answer " Life's too short to drive a boring car" lol GTR would definitely be the next level after an Evo. M3's, S4's, R32's, are all underpowered

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by kambodianboi View Post
    Purchasing a used GTR now isn't so bad, 09-10 models are selling for $60k with nice bolt ons and low mileage. Then again they are just about out of warranty, so that's a risk. Most EVO guys now can probably hope into one putting monthly payments at about $800-1000 depending on how they plan to finance it, then slap on insurance, another $200+ a month.

The only bad thing I see starting from an EVO, is that you only want to move on up, and it isnt always easy. I got a hefty list of cars to get during a periodic time period, so this should be fun. And those who know me, spare some change? pls
    200$ a month my ass!!. For us that have terrible driving records, it's gonna be way up there in price. When I first got my Evo I had 6 points on my record an one insurance company wanted 400$ a month.!! Imagine for a gtr !!

Cars
    8 MR, 10 GSR, EG6, CRV
    I would just go to the gym instead.
    *KTMotoring Tuned*

Cars
    Cars.. 5ft tall club.
    1968 dodge charger... That's going to be me after Evo.

Cars
    Dodrio
    200$ a month my ass!!. For us that have terrible driving records, it's gonna be way up there in price. When I first got my Evo I had 6 points on my record an one insurance company wanted 400$ a month.!! Imagine for a gtr !!
    6 points, how do they even let you continue to drive or have a license!? lol. I remember when I got the evo, $4200 yearly premium, thats under my parents too. Now, being 26 with a hand full of cars, I pay much less with a possible 1 point (if I lose this TBD) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    lol

Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    Quote Originally Posted by AceCampano View Post
    My Evo will be my sons car in 14 years lol that is if he's into cars. I just need to stop driving the damn thing and use my hybrid more... but it's hard to resist.
    Lol same here I'm $hit outta luck in the near future my son's only 6 and already says he's taking my Evo and supercharged Cobra. He's a lil gear head already, so I believe him when he says he's taking em both lol
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood
    Wtb AUTHENTIC! TB Jdm rear bumper

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Quote Originally Posted by Richwithnomoney View Post
    Lol straight up, warranty to me is voided the moment you take the car off the lot anyway.

I did the same with the Evo. What else are you gonna get for about 30-40k with the potential it has? I was looking at used M3 Sedan's and they were still going for about 45k with tons of miles on em. My family and a few of my friends act like anything above 30k for a car is outrageous. I just use the answer " Life's too short to drive a boring car" lol GTR would definitely be the next level after an Evo. M3's, S4's, R32's, are all underpowered
    YOLO !!

I had the same conversation with my buddy, non of those cars come close. Watching the million dollar 1/4 killed it for me lol

Sheesh, if be walking instead. That's a car payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    But you hate the gym

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red

Gotta trade in the Evo for the new Episode VII XWing

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    I dunno, the gtR would make an awful daily. it might as well have two seats. they are so fast, you can end up doing well over 100 just getting on the freeway.

and if you have not driven one, at least to sit in one, I had a hard time just seeing out of the dam thing at the dealer, for me it would have to be a second car, not to mention they are a lot of money, you could buy two or three cars. a nice truck, an evo, and a Honda or prius beater and still have money for mods.

funny enough the gtR gets a wee bit better MPG then an EVO X...at least EPA wise.

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by chinoxmk22 View Post
    YOLO !!

I had the same conversation with my buddy, non of those cars come close. Watching the million dollar 1/4 killed it for me lol
    some people will never understand lol

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast