Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Evo Confirmed via AutoNews

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

2015 Evo Confirmed via AutoNews

AutoNews Link

Lancer Evolution: Fans of the high-performance Lancer Evolution should head to dealerships soon because the car will be phased out. Production of the Evolution MR trim will end in December; Evolution GSR production will wind down over the course of 2015; and Mitsubishi will drop the Evolution's Recaro racing seats. The 2015 model year will be the Evolution's last.
    Before it's gone, the Evo will get a send-off in the form of a so-called Special Action Model. The car, built specifically for the U.S., will get extra horsepower and other performance improvements. About 2,000 to 2,500 will be built during the Evo's final six months of production next year.
    AutoBlog Link

We love the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, but by this point, we've accepted the fact that the its days are numbered, despite the noticeable back and forth that accompanied rumors of the vehicle's future for so many months and years. And while the Evo's coming death in 2015 is pretty sad, a report from Automotive News claims that the road-going rally machine will at least be leaving with a fairly substantial bang.

According to AN, Mitsubishi will send off the Evo with a Special Action Model. Limited to between 2,000 to 2,500 units and destined exclusively for the United States, the Evo X SAM should boast, most notably, a bump in power for its 291-pony, 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder. There should be a few other performance tweaks to accompany the increased output, although it's unclear what those might be. AN claims the limited-edition model will drop during the last six months of Evo production, some time next year.

AN's report was confirmed to us by Mitsubishi spokesman Alex Fedorak, who said that, yes, there will be "a US special edition in 2015." We've asked for additional information, but all we've heard back, so far, is that mum's the word. Here's hoping we won't be waiting too long to get official details.

Until then, what do you want to see for what could be the Lancer Evolution X's last hurrah? Give us your wish list in Comments.

So get your orders in guys. MR's are done by December, after that it's all GSR trim. my hunch tells me that maybe even the Ralliart will get discontinued, or maybe (hopefully) the Ralliarts will come with a 5-speed stick. Rumors are flying around that Mitsubishi is also coinciding the end of production for the SST along with the end of MR production, so I feel my hunch about the Ralliart might happen. who knows? I'd pick up an RA with a 5-speed if that happens.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    8 MR, 10 GSR, EG6, CRV
    Interesting news.

Thanks for sharing
    *KTMotoring Tuned*

Canyon Racer
    Special Action Model aka Sam Smash model?
    KT Motoring
    10149 Canoga Avenue, Unit I
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (747) 224-0237

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    I know that's what I was thinking. an Evo X SAM model!

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Meh... It had its run sun since 2008. I wonder how much this SAM model will be?

Pretty sad to hear but depending on price i may jump on that Action Model simply because of it's exclusivity.

Now that Mitsubishi is phasing out the Evolution one would wonder what would become of Mitsubishi... their Lineup after the Evo is very dull. Curious to see how the Mitsubishi Brand will be in a few years time.

Personally.... I wouldn't buy any Mitsubishi other than the Evo.

It's already rumored to have a 60-80k price tag. The UK version was roughly 80k for the FQ models and it was limited to 2000-2500 production.

"If our hunch is right, then the Japanese company might convert the U.K.-only FQ-440 MR for the U.S. market. The ultra exclusive special edition model developed for the U.K. was built in only 40 units and boats with a whopping 440 horsepower and 412 lb-ft available from 3,100 rpm. All from just a 2-liter turbo'd motor."

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteIXMR View Post
    It's already rumored to have a 60-80k price tag. The UK version was roughly 80k for the FQ models and it was limited to 2000-2500 production.

"If our hunch is right, then the Japanese company might convert the U.K.-only FQ-440 MR for the U.S. market. The ultra exclusive special edition model developed for the U.K. was built in only 40 units and boats with a whopping 440 horsepower and 412 lb-ft available from 3,100 rpm. All from just a 2-liter turbo'd motor."
    the SAM will likely be available in the manual transmission since it will debut in the second half of next year and the MRs will end production by December this year.

Sportback Evolution MR

Evolved
    Cars
    AS EVO 8 SSL (sold), EB 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (#2)
    Wow some of us have been here since the beginning when the EVO came to our shores, now we get to see it leave

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    ^^^ I know it's gonna be sad to see Em go
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood
    Wtb AUTHENTIC! TB Jdm rear bumper

True but u haft to understand the difference in money the sold in UK for 50k pounds, yes which is 80k us. But there pay is also different scale so it levels out there. I'm think a 50k to 60k tag here. But......... depending how much sam. Will rape you on mark up lol no matter what I'm getting one lol. ...

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    yeah. the argument about a conversion in price from UK to US is not really right.

fact of the matter is it will likely be expensive, have more power, gonna be a stickshift only, and will have those pep boys chrome thingys on the sides.

Sportback Evolution MR

Curious to see what they add to boost such power.... if its just a more aggressive tune, a bigger turbo and some aggressive cams than you can honestly just do that and save a lot of $$$.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    my guess its probably something that Mitsubishi has already done elsewhere (FQ series), though I don't believe it will be as much as the FQ440 but something maybe like the FQ330 in terms of power output. it would still need to be backed by a factory warranty so I doubt its anything outrageous.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    my guess its probably something that Mitsubishi has already done elsewhere (FQ series), though I don't believe it will be as much as the FQ440 but something maybe like the FQ330 in terms of power output. it would still need to be backed by a factory warranty so I doubt its anything outrageous.
    I was thinking the same, u could just get a 2014 and mod one to 440hp yourself and save a ton of cash, but never considered it would have factory warranty. That's pretty sweet
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood

Mitsubishi Factory Warranty is shit anyways....

I'd honestly rather push my car off a cliff and make an insurance claim than deal with Warranty again.

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
    Mitsubishi Factory Warranty is shit anyways....

I'd honestly rather push my car off a cliff and make an insurance claim than deal with Warranty again.
    oh, lmfao... Never dealt with them so I wouldn't know... But then again aren't they all bs lol
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood

Quote Originally Posted by EvoMr420 View Post
    oh, lmfao... Never dealt with them so I wouldn't know... But then again aren't they all bs lol
    Yes and i wouldn't trust Mitsubishi Tech's to work on my car anyway... when i bought my Evo SCM offered free oil changes and free car washes. I had my oil changed there once and the idiot tech left my drain plug loose and there was a puddle of oil in my driveway.

3 months pass after owning my Evo i brought the car back to SCM as i was getting vibrations in the steering wheel when stopping... the brakes were also squealing. It was clearly a rotor issue and when i brought it in to Southcoast they said YES, the rotors need to be replaced... , how after only 3 months and no track days they were so worn down is beyond me. They had to get approval from Corporate as I had aftermarket wheels installed which to them meant Voiding my warranty. SOOOO.... as ridiculous as it sounded i waited patiently to hear back from Corporate in which they claimed it's a wear and tear item and since i had aftermarket wheels (Volk CE28) it caused the Rotors to fail... I demanded my keys back and stormed out of SCE never to return again for service. I brought my Evo to Road Race and paid them to fix it, just replaced both front rotors to slotted ones and changed the brake pads.

The whole experience soured my mouth in regards to Warranty.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    we all know warranty on a performance car like the Evo is like russian roulette. sure there will be the exceptions to the rule, but almost everyone's experience would be...bad.

then again, the warranty is a contract, and when push comes to shove, you probably need a lawyer. but we dont buy the Evo to warranty it. we buy it to mod it and make it our own.

that said, for legal purposes, this SAM version of the Evo X would still need to be covered "under warranty" like every Evo that rolled out.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
    Yes and i wouldn't trust Mitsubishi Tech's to work on my car anyway... when i bought my Evo SCM offered free oil changes and free car washes. I had my oil changed there once and the idiot tech left my drain plug loose and there was a puddle of oil in my driveway.

3 months pass after owning my Evo i brought the car back to SCM as i was getting vibrations in the steering wheel when stopping... the brakes were also squealing. It was clearly a rotor issue and when i brought it in to Southcoast they said YES, the rotors need to be replaced... , how after only 3 months and no track days they were so worn down is beyond me. They had to get approval from Corporate as I had aftermarket wheels installed which to them meant Voiding my warranty. SOOOO.... as ridiculous as it sounded i waited patiently to hear back from Corporate in which they claimed it's a wear and tear item and since i had aftermarket wheels (Volk CE28) it caused the Rotors to fail... I demanded my keys back and stormed out of SCE never to return again for service. I brought my Evo to Road Race and paid them to fix it, just replaced both front rotors to slotted ones and changed the brake pads.

The whole experience soured my mouth in regards to Warranty.
    thats insane man, how are your breaks gonna fail cuz u put rims smh. That's the dumbest thing Ive heard lol yea I figured they would give some dumb excuse like that.... Couldn't agree more, I've Never let anyone touch my evo except me.
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast