Thread: anyone know how to register a car from another state in cali

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2008 evo x mr (sold), 2008 octane blue evo GSR

anyone know how to register a car from another state in cali

looking at buying a car that is currently registered in florida, but im not sure how to smog/register it here. The car will not pass smog as is, has a 3" turbo back, intake and 272 cams.. so ill need an illegal smog, but my concern is what to do after as im not familiar with this process nor do i want to show up at the dmv and end up getting an inspection or something. Anything helps, Thanks!

You need to put the stock exhaust and cams to make it pass unless you know someone. Then you can take the car to Triple A and have them verify the VIN to make sure everything matches, next you just go to the DMV with the smog certificate, title, bill of sale and certification that all VIN's match and your good to go.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2008 evo x mr (sold), 2008 octane blue evo GSR
    oh alright i figured it was something along those lines minus the triple A part, didnt know i can go there.. i know a guy who can pass any car but for some reason he has to do registration and all that when he smogs it so he said he cant do a car from out of the state. I guess ill have to find someone else.
    Thanks for the help, really appreciate it

Mr. Gangbang

lol is this for the EB 9 thats on here for sale? thing is badass.

I would think you would just go through the normal process of a sale but transferring to different state obviously. Everyone knows a smog guy or two so that shouldn't be a problem.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    I did this with my galant vr4. Car was originally from Colorado. I got some "help" with the smog through a buddy, then took the car to the DMV. They gave it a once over and it couldn't have taken more than 15 minutes. Like, i barely remember it, because it was a walk in the park. It was easy and uneventful. That gvr4 was a 49 state car too FWIW.

edit: this was in '07. Shouldn't be much different though.

It's also worth noting that the car is not likely to even see the sniffer. I'm not sure if you are going to have to worry about pulling the cams so long as it passes a visual and how happy the ECU is.

Info on new for 2014 testing procedure: http://ezinearticles.com/?California...ram&id=8282779
    Last edited by Apex Hunter; 09-12-2014 at 10:52 PM.