Thread: Tuner Help

Cars
    2008 Evo X MR

Question Tuner Help

I recently moved back to SoCal from D.C. and need to get my '08 X MR retuned for 91. I currently have AMS TMP Cams, GSC Beehive springs, Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS, Turboxs CBE & HFC, K&N Typhoon Intake, Jack's Built Transmission, and an SSP 500hp Clutchpack for relevant mods. I would prefer to have 5150 do the retune because I've heard epic things about Baka's tunes (specifically for the SST tables) but I would also like to add a methanol injection kit to my setup. It seems that 5150 is unwilling to have anything to do with meth kits so my question is how good is RRE with SST cars? I've done my homework and understand the risks associated with meth and understand that E85 would be a safer and maybe even easier option BUT i'm in the military and may not always have E85 available so that is my reasoning for wanting to go with meth inj. Thanks for the help!
    AMS TMP Cams, GSC Beehive springs, Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS, Turboxs CBE & HFC, K&N Typhoon Intake, Jack's Built Transmission, SSP 500hp Clutchpack, Swift Spec-R Springs,Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars and End Links, Brembo Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Pads, OEM Fog Light Delete, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, VBG1
    Moore Automotive tuned 350/350

BtackTuning
    I completely understand anyone's hesitation to run a meth kit on a evo x. The last 2 people I've known to run meth kits ran into issues with the kits being faulty which lead to a blown motor. E85 is a much safer method to make power and a lot less likely to fail.

I would personally go out of my way to get e85 even if it wasn't that close to my location.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by JinxsEvoXMR View Post
    I recently moved back to SoCal from D.C. and need to get my '08 X MR retuned for 91. I currently have AMS TMP Cams, GSC Beehive springs, Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS, Turboxs CBE & HFC, K&N Typhoon Intake, Jack's Built Transmission, and an SSP 500hp Clutchpack for relevant mods. I would prefer to have 5150 do the retune because I've heard epic things about Baka's tunes (specifically for the SST tables) but I would also like to add a methanol injection kit to my setup. It seems that 5150 is unwilling to have anything to do with meth kits so my question is how good is RRE with SST cars? I've done my homework and understand the risks associated with meth and understand that E85 would be a safer and maybe even easier option BUT i'm in the military and may not always have E85 available so that is my reasoning for wanting to go with meth inj. Thanks for the help!
    Hey, why not hi-octane tune with Q16, C16, C12 or other race gas. I have the same situation of not have gas station with E85. I think is the best bet running race gas. E85 needs to have special care about tune and gas quality. Usually race gas offer the flexibility to be able to use on high boost levels and buy in many places. other is you don't need to inject too much fuel, so it's going to last a bit more, but the down side of this is the cost 100 dlls for 5 gls can.

RRE and 5150 maybe accept tune with race gas. I had a friend tuned at RRE with race gas. RRE may take the tune with meth kit, however you should understand that you are on your own in some way or extremely conservative tune. I recommend have a conversation with Mike about your goals and what they can do for you.

Cars
    2008 Evo X MR
    yea, i'm not about that race gas life. WAYYYY too expensive for a DD. Just to reiterate though, my question isn't about meth or fuel. it's about the SST table tuning that RRE does. I want to hear about the tunes that other SST owners have gotten from them.
    AMS TMP Cams, GSC Beehive springs, Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS, Turboxs CBE & HFC, K&N Typhoon Intake, Jack's Built Transmission, SSP 500hp Clutchpack, Swift Spec-R Springs,Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars and End Links, Brembo Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Pads, OEM Fog Light Delete, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, VBG1

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Mike replied about that on other posts, however Not too many feedback provided on that post. RRE can do it, but it varies on personal preference. Again better talk with him about. Send a email to [email protected]

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Lancer Evolution X MR
    My 2010 MR is tuned by 5150 Racing. You should go to them. They're located in Santa Ana, California.

Cars
    2008 Evo X MR
    thanks Baka but i've already changed my mind and will be seeing you next monday for id2Ks, a walbro 450, and a dual map 91/e85 tune, haha. just gonna hope that i don't have to go somewhere w/o e85 in 10 months =/

Cars
    2008 Evo X MR
    would it be to late to switch to the 1650s? I know Ralph already ordered and probably received the IDs. Is there enough time to get a set by next monday?