Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suckmycack's Build Thread!

Suckmycack's Build Thread!

Hey guys, don't really post on here but more of a lurker and decided to make a build thread.

I have a 2008 phantom black Gsr. Bought it on May 23 2013

The car had a few mods installed already.
    Injen UICP
    Injen Intake
    Eibach lowering springs
    Do-Luck style Seibon trunk.

Day 2 of owning it, my brother decided he didn't want his old wheels and gave them to me.

5-27-13
    Within the same week, I found a set of Megan coilovers for really cheap for the condition they were in. Decided to get them and will upgrade once I decide to track the car. Also got an MXP catback exhaust.

5-31-13
    After owning the car for about a full week. A lady decides to make a left turn on my green and I can't stop in time and T-bone her and she ends up hitting 2 other cars (one being a 640i BMW)

Fortunately for me, the car still ran and didn't leak anything. I still had to drive to work for a couple days after this happened. I limped it around town (notice the ghetto wire holding the hood shut)

6-19-13
    Ended up finding a good body shop and the repairs began

While the car was being repaired for during the next couple weeks, I managed to scoop up a ETS o2 dump downpipe!

6-21-13
    Here's the car the day I got it back! Ohh yea! The insurance also allowed the body shop to order an AMS front mount intercooler since it was cheaper for them than the OEM one! WOOOO!

6-27-13
    Got the AEM boost gauge and the wideband

7-3-13
    Got tuned by the one and only BAKA! Car made good power for basic bolt ons running on piss 91.

8-19-13
    Messing around with my younger brother and taking pics of the car

8-25-13

I liked my brothers Rpf1's too much. I had to get some too.

9-24-13
    I was driving down the freeway when I heard metal clanging on the ground. Pull over to the nearest gas station and LOOK! My downpipe decided to break.

I drove back on the freeway and went on the shoulder and eventually, with the help of my friend found the dump pipe on the side of the road. My dad welds by profession so I had him weld it back up and make a different bracket to make it stronger this time around.

There were a few months where I bought a couple things but just never took pictures of any of it. Mishimoto radiator, MODE short shifter, and a few odds and ends.

4-06-14
    I wanted to try something different in the wheel section, sold the rpf1's and got Nt03+M

5-14-14
    I felt that the front bumper was missing something major. Got a cheap lip. Didn't care that it was a rep. Its more than likely gonna break a lot sooner than later.

5-19-14 thru 7-3-14
    Ordered the (stage 2) brake kit from Maperformace, CMC also from MAP, EF4, ARP headstuds, shifter cable bushings, AMS AC delete, ACT ME3-HDSS, ID2000's all my drivetrain fluids, GSC S2 cams, valvesprings and retainers, and an ETS tubular manifold.

7-02-14
    Bought a manifold heat shield from Boost Resource.

7-3-14
    Bought a LICP from Alfred at Tuning Tech. Nice guy and gave me a good deal!

7-5-13
    Got rid of the MXP catback and ended up getting the Top Speed Pro exhaust.

7-7-14
    Taking the babe out for a ride.

7-8-14
    TIME TO INSTALL ALL OF THE STUFF!

7-17-14
    Radium fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator came in!

7-30-14
    My friend came down to visit from palm springs. Took a few pics of his car.

8-2-14
    First day I start the car and test drive it down the block. I see a nail in the tire.
    Drove the car to the shop and got the tire patched up. Also ordered the Walbro 450lph fuel pump.

*SOUND CLIP OF THE EXHAUST*

8-4-14
    Here's the most current shot of the engine bay. (hopefully that ugly coolant reservoir tank is gone soon, ordered a Driven Fab catchcan!)

8-7-14
    Installed the STM Small battery kit. It holds the battery a lot better than I thought it would. I like it!

8-8-14
    Dropped the car off at 5150 Racing to get the Cams, valvesprings, retainers, fuel pump, injectors, fuel rail, FPR and headstuds installed. Also a dual map tune from BAKA!

Here's the dyno sheet!

Also here's a picture of the engine bay (going to replace the intake with a 3.5" intake soon)

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    wow impressive build! I like that for every bad thing that happened you went and treated your car something. looking good man, hope to see you at one of the upcoming meets!

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Bad ass build thread man !! Bounced back after the wreck and came back better then before. That's my plan right now, you gave me a lot of motivation to bounce back as we'll.

Thanks man! Yea, that's basically what I did to keep me motivated to keep going. A few times when I had everything in my room and almost contemplated stopping. I pushed myself by buying something better each time something went wrong. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    Bad ass build thread man !! Bounced back after the wreck and came back better then before. That's my plan right now, you gave me a lot of motivation to bounce back as we'll.
    Thanks! Just do it man, as much work as it was it was fun and would do it again. Even if it's something minor, it was always something a little better in mind. That kept me going, amongst wanting to drive the car after it being down for so long. Lol

Experienced
    Cars
    Green Evo IX
    Great! now fix gutys car lol

Instagram: @kenothourakhome
    www.therollingthunder.com

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo IX, 91 eclipse gsx, and other commuters...
    Nice build man, glad to see you didn't let the car accident hold you up. Those NT03s on their look great!

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Nice work! By the look of it, a lot of fun to drive. Stay out of Irvine with that exhaust.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    For some reason evo x's with rpf1s are just so sexy too me! good job bro!

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    Nice work, keep that black beauty shinning
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Quote Originally Posted by keenooo View Post
    Great! now fix gutys car lol
    Seriously man, that thing needs some serious TLC. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwrdby4g63 View Post
    Nice build man, glad to see you didn't let the car accident hold you up. Those NT03s on their look great!
    Thanks man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Nice work! By the look of it, a lot of fun to drive. Stay out of Irvine with that exhaust.
    Thank you! It is, it's a blast. I'm gonna get retuned to try to make some more low end power with a bigger intake soon. Hopefully more fun! Lol. And yes, Irvine is a no go in my book already. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightevo04 View Post
    For some reason evo x's with rpf1s are just so sexy too me! good job bro!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by evoX600RR View Post
    Nice work, keep that black beauty shinning
    Thanks man. Likewise! 😁

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Nice!! I saw the video on fb.
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Here's a video clip of me actually driving the car a little, before it went down again. It pulls ok. Lol.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    great built man. For me the valve cove is calling for a powder coating :) black or another matching color

Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    great built man. For me the valve cove is calling for a powder coating :) black or another matching color
    Thanks man! That's one of the things next on the list. i just want the car running first. lol. Still gotta pay for a retune and I think i want different wheels

*very small update*
    I ended up buying some new tail lights and LOVE the way they look. Here's a couple pics of how they look. :)

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Cars
    They all broke
    great build! quality parts!
    http://www.edoperformance.com
    11922 Western Ave.
    Stanton,CA 90680

PH: (714) 602-5741

Facebook: EDO Performance

Instagram:@edo_Performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast