Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: move up from evo - 2015 gtr / m3\4 / rs5

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    GTR is for all real purposes is a two seater. and if your getting it new and want nissan certified pre owned for the GTR all work must be done at the dealer, so that's like 300 dollar oil changes + insane service schedule. there is a little sticker in the door that they pull off if you don't do this. and you get fucked when you trade it in.

if had the means I would have a GTR as second car for sure, but as your one and only car and daily driver I dunno.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    i was at south coast Mitsubishi this past weekend and they had about maybe 7-8 gtr's there that people traded in going for bout 80k-60kish from what i remember. The sales men we talked to said the majority of the gtr owners that traded their cars in traded them for evos. That kind of makes me wonder whats wrong with the gtr or why they would switch?

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE / 2010 Civic DX
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightevo04 View Post
    i was at south coast Mitsubishi this past weekend and they had about maybe 7-8 gtr's there that people traded in going for bout 80k-60kish from what i remember. The sales men we talked to said the majority of the gtr owners that traded their cars in traded them for evos. That kind of makes me wonder whats wrong with the gtr or why they would switch?
    Tired of the flappy paddle thingys?

No backseat for homo-erotic activities?

i know i wouldnt trade one

zeRep
    cl_modifications 0

SoCalEvo.net Shop

We've had three customers go from EVOs to the GTR just to be all baller status and <$ouch$> back to EVO. It is one thing to buy one of those heavy turd$, it is another thing entirely to run it at the track.

Mike W

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2014 evo x
    everyone has a god damn gtr...get the new c7 z06 or a used gt3

As a fellow old timer and being passed all major life investments (see house, multiple cars, kids, wife, college, etc), I would agree with Mike W on this one. For as great as the GTR is, it is a very high maintenance machine with an expensive outlook on things. If you have money to burn and don't give a shit, buy it. I think the Evo is a sound investment for play time as it doesn't cost that much. BMW's have issues after the free maintenance package expires, usually passed the 4 year mark. I know many coworkers who got rid of the BMWs for that very reason. They didn't enjoy the multi thousand dollar repair jobs on a 6 year old car. Auid is very similar on repairs, they just happen sooner. I compare the German engineering to a very tight and perfected machine. The problem is there isn't much room built in for tolerance and as time and wear goes on, things break. This breakage causing a cascade into other various parts as the tolerance levels are minimal. Cost is high. However they are very well made machines, no doubt. The Cadillac does look good, i am still hesitant about American made quality control.

Mr. Gangbang

Fuck it. Just get an Aventador or SLS AMG.

Cars
    evo8
    yall get a gtr/benz/bmw or whatever im get my self an Infiniti Synaptiq once it comes out

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    I was just thinking about this thread when I was out running around tons of BMW's 06-011's I never really cared enough to noctice but there is a lot of BMWs in san diego. And these 2006-11 750li's sell for like 12-20k they cant dump these things fast enough. how does a 129k car cost so little 7-8 years later? I dunno the math on that but.... its makes for some ghetto FAB right der, everyone one of these mofos think they are Michael Jordan or kesha cole or whatevs.

it does not compute, when I sold my wagon I got for 24k in 06, in 011 I got 17k. so can someone explain how a 100k 5 year old bmw looses over half its value in the same time?

I guess what im saying is, based on common BMWs are in SoCal, I think I might look at the audi more. ive see some really sick looking audis just with a good wheel in tire combo.

Experienced
    Cars
    EvoIX
    I would pick up a dodge challenger hellcat that car is sick raw power

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by jiGGypiGGy View Post
    I was just thinking about this thread when I was out running around tons of BMW's 06-011's I never really cared enough to noctice but there is a lot of BMWs in san diego. And these 2006-11 750li's sell for like 12-20k they cant dump these things fast enough. how does a 129k car cost so little 7-8 years later? I dunno the math on that but.... its makes for some ghetto FAB right der, everyone one of these mofos think they are Michael Jordan or kesha cole or whatevs.

it does not compute, when I sold my wagon I got for 24k in 06, in 011 I got 17k. so can someone explain how a 100k 5 year old bmw looses over half its value in the same time?

I guess what im saying is, based on common BMWs are in SoCal, I think I might look at the audi more. ive see some really sick looking audis just with a good wheel in tire combo.
    the way I see it with any German engineered cars, the older (more miles) on it, the more of a chance something major is going to break if it hasn't already. I wouldn't trust them either.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Its pronounced "B-M-Troubleyou"

Mike W

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Its pronounced "B-M-Troubleyou"

Mike W
    haha that's for sure! "BrokeMostWeekends". that's for both the car and the owner lol.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    calm down guys.. we own Mitsu-fixme. Mike told me when I picked up my car.. You never just own 1 Mitsubishi.. you always need to own two.

Cars
    2011 BMW 328i, 1966 Ford Mustang 302, 2014 EVO X GSR
    I was under the impression it was BreakMyWallet....when my service expires in 2017 that is. But their motors are pretty solid from my experience. My buddy has has multiple older bmw all with original motors, not sure about rest of drivetrain and such.

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    calm down guys.. we own Mitsu-fixme. Mike told me when I picked up my car.. You never just own 1 Mitsubishi.. you always need to own two.
    haha yeah, but the difference is Mitsu isn't trying to castrate me for repairs.

They will if you let them, like any dealership will. Mitsu isn't a great car company and it doesn't make great cars..but the evo is pure awesome in spite of that claim.

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by revumbra View Post
    They will if you let them, like any dealership will. Mitsu isn't a great car company and it doesn't make great cars..but the evo is pure awesome in spite of that claim.
    +1. Mitsubishi as a company sucks lol.

Cars
    NOW: WW EVO X GSR OLD: WW Evolution X MR / Bug Eye WRX *RIP :(*
    Speaking from experience, my parents had two BMW's in the past, and both died off while trying to hang onto whatever money they can bring down with them

First BMW transmission went out, and it would have cost more to fix it than we could get from trading/selling the car. So we ended up trading in that car.

Second BMW I believe something happened to the exhaust (don't really remember exactly what) that caused it to shoot out a large amount of smoke and, to no surprise, it would have costed us more to fix it than if we traded it in.

Besides the big problems, there were always little issues that came up with both cars. One I remember that was never fixed was whenever the driver's side window would be rolled up, the rear-passenger side window would go down... Technicians couldn't find out the problem o.o

And plus, we didn't exactly receive the "best" attitude from service/sales at BMW. Maybe it's just the locations that we went to since we are living in the 626...

GTR all the way!!! :)
    UC Riverside
    Instagram: @parkersin
    All Aspects Apparel |BC Racing NA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast