Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: move up from evo - 2015 gtr / m3\4 / rs5

move up from evo - 2015 gtr / m3\4 / rs5

I have had two evo's in the past, and after my last one was rear-ended and totaled i decided to get a shitbox and save money.
    I am now in a position to get something i actually want to drive that will give me smiles, and can be a good DD as well [not a full-time race car like my evo was].
    I have narrowed it down to three choices. I know some of you have moved on from your evo into one of these and i am hoping to get feedback.
    2015's:

RS5
    good: sounds amazing, quality interior, exterior is tits
    bad: no electronic suspension adjustment / rough ride all the time, jerky transmission at times

Gtr
    good: fast fast fast, adjustable electronic suspension
    bad: a bit more money then the other choices, tiny backseat [i have kids], insurance cost

m3/4
    good: ample room, adjustable electronic suspension, quality interior , least expensive
    bad: kinda douche, engine sound is not very exciting

I loved my evo's but i am not too keen on the X body style or interior, and buying a used one is kinda off the table.
    If anyone has had experience with, or bought one of the above cars, and would like to compare it to the evo 9 we would have a common point of understanding.

Cheers,
    BUDLoNG
    r u looney tuned?

Cars
    evo8
    dont do audi lol

if i could pick, gtr no questions asked!

Cars
    evo8
    just saw that you have kinds! its gonna be a tough choice. gonna want those back seats lol

Mr. Gangbang

Lol +1 on the bad for the Beemers. I used to like how they sounded but for some reason after the Evo, they aren't appealing at all.

Also +1 for the GTR. That'll be my next car after I buy a house. Depending how old your kids are, it might not be too bad. My daughter is 3 so I figure in 5 years she can handle sitting in the back seat for a bit lol

If you're trying to move up in class why not try an AMG. Pricey. But you get all the "good" of luxury, style, and performance. If I do decide to have any more kids than i'll definitely be shooting for an AMG Wagon.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    If i was in your shoes, this is what I would buy now....Volvo V60 Polestar

345 hp family wagon that looks tits imo.

Sportback Evolution MR

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Don't buy a bmw (big Mexican wiener).. Lease it if you get one.
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Cars
    Dodrio
    GTR as a daily would be expensive overall. On top, it cost the most out of all of your options by 20k. Depending on your kids age (if toddlers, requiring babyseats, NOT A GOOD option)

RS5 is alright, AWD is always good. V8 sounds good. I dislike their instrument panels, but that's just me.

F8X M3/M4 is pretty good for DD if you get DCT. Roomy, Twin turbo inline 6, makes good power, power gain are great when modding. Exhaust note does sucks, but 3 years of free service and other perks is pretty cool from BMW.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2014 evo x
    2012+ C63 AMG or wait for the 2015 C63

Cars
    IX RS
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_evo View Post
    2012+ C63 AMG or wait for the 2015 C63
    I'm liking that new turbo v8 C63...could be a nice car if u can wait a few more months.

Although the back seats would suck, what about a 997.1 911 turbo? Not new, obviously...but a lower mileage one could be had for 70k or under. Mezger engine should be bullet-proof. Good luck!

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Quote Originally Posted by kambodianboi View Post
    GTR as a daily would be expensive overall. On top, it cost the most out of all of your options by 20k. Depending on your kids age (if toddlers, requiring babyseats, NOT A GOOD option)

RS5 is alright, AWD is always good. V8 sounds good. I dislike their instrument panels, but that's just me.

F8X M3/M4 is pretty good for DD if you get DCT. Roomy, Twin turbo inline 6, makes good power, power gain are great when modding. Exhaust note does sucks, but 3 years of free service and other perks is pretty cool from BMW.
    Best answer .

Experienced
    Cars
    03 evo 8.5

If you want to keep the 4 drs and power of the evo, but want newer style there is not much out there!

How much did you have your kids in the back seat of your evo? You should go with the GTR, they are more powerfull and have put out lower quartermile times than the fastest evos and I would hope more reliable after modification.

If you need 4 doors the other 2 options are good, but I doubt as fast or as upgradeable. Just hard to beat the evo, but I do like porshe!

Check out the Panamera: http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/panamera/

Good luck!

Cars
    EVO X MR
    Just go Tesla S haha

My votes for the m3,m4

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Google up the Cadillac ATS-V. 450+ hp V6 twin (Mitsubishi) turbos, 6 speed manual transmission or 8 speed auto, RWD, within an inch of all EVO measurements... and actually tuneable unlike the BMWs, those you just load premade maps. Sedan and coupe body styles. Debuts at the LA Auto Show

Mike W

Cars
    2013 EVO X MR WW
    GTR got my vote. about to buy one soon, test drive it and fell in love..

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Google up the Cadillac ATS-V. 450+ hp V6 twin (Mitsubishi) turbos, 6 speed manual transmission or 8 speed auto, RWD, within an inch of all EVO measurements... and actually tuneable unlike the BMWs, those you just load premade maps. Sedan and coupe body styles. Debuts at the LA Auto Show

Mike W
    been reading about that car lately. looks tits and I think is also a viable Evo replacement:

Sportback Evolution MR

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    EVO IX GSR WW
    That and it active suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    been reading about that car lately. looks tits and I think is also a viable Evo replacement:

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE / 2010 Civic DX
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post

Black on black on black would look awesome!
    cl_modifications 0

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE / 2010 Civic DX
    Quote Originally Posted by kambodianboi View Post

My vote is M3

I WILL have a M3 in my lifetime

zeRep
    cl_modifications 0

Cars
    2011 BMW 328i, 1966 Ford Mustang 302, 2014 EVO X GSR
    I also vote M3...I think it's the best all round car and most fun...R35 is great...don't get me wrong but bmw makes great products and has good service overall. Is it a little douchy...perhaps but that's just my opinion. I have a 3 series and to have an m3 would be awesome. Test drive all 3 and make a more informed decision though. Good luck and congrats on either one. They are all pretty bad @$$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast