Thread: Help!! Car won't crank.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 EVO X APEX SILVER

Unhappy Help!! Car won't crank.

Hey everyone. Hoping someone can help. I was making a right turn and the car died. I went to turn it back on and nothing. My dash goes crazy displaying 4wd system service required, engine overheating stop safely, engine system service required , Asc system serviced required. I do not hear the fuel pump when I try to turn it on. The fan is on and stays on.
    The windows roll up fine. I tried jump starting it. I tried disconnecting the ecu for 10 min.

I called RRE and the soonest the could get me in was next Monday. They are swamped. This is my daily driver so I'm trying to get it fixed sooner.

Thanks again

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Loose battery connections? Wiggle all that stuff both on the battery and under the hood at the positive terminal there. Could be that simple. What happens when you jump it with another car? All those symptoms are of an ECU that isnt communicating with the rest of the car. Is it all plugged in well? Anyone worked on the car lately?

Mike W

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 EVO X APEX SILVER
    Nothing changes when I try to jump start it. Everything is plugged in correctly. The last thing I had done was my clutch at RRE earlier this year. Car has been running perfectly fine before this.
    Last edited by HUSSaLL3R; 10-13-2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Typo

SoCalEvo.net Shop

All the warning lights mean that the dash ECU does not see an engine ECU. The car not cranking also would mean the same thing because of the missing security issues. We are booked and scheduled up this week for tow in stuff, but if you call or give us a number to call you at, knowing this info we might be able to walk you through some easy troubleshooting steps. Like I suggested checking fuses and connections. You would be towing the car all the way here for us to do that. Maybe you could start by checking the battery connections, the fusible links at the positive terminal under the hood, all the fuses and relays under the hood, the ones under the dash, the fast key stuff maybe is tripping...

Mike W

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 EVO X APEX SILVER
    Mike you are the man. I found a 20 amp fuse blown in the 22 spot. Thanks again for the help. I will still see you guys Monday for some maintenance and possibly a tune. Btw do you know what could cause this #22 fuse to blow?

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Alarm, turbo timer, stereo crap, remote start systems.... something added in usually leads to silly stuff like that. All-stock cars dont usually have a problem blowing fuses.

Mike W