Thread: need help with 6 speed transmission

need help with 6 speed transmission

OK so car has been giving me a hard time getting into 6th but goes in with no grind. If i go from 6th to neutral i have a hard time putting it into first gear. I have to wiggle it around in neutral to get it to engage into first when stopping. However recently I've been down shifting from 6th into 5th and it feels a little rough on the down shift but no grind and from that point all gears engage fine. This method has been working. Now recently took it in for some stuff and i was told that the linkage was bent or misaligned and that it was straightened out. However after this was done i had a harder time reaching it over to 6th and now it's also hard to engage into reverse. Is this seem like a linkage problem and is there a way to adjust it? I need help! if anyone has any Idea to pin point what could have happened i would appreciate it. I'm willing to meet with someone if necessary. Thanks ahead of time.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    I got an evo 9 mr '06 too. I messed up shifter linkage. Had and still have similar problems. Take tip race shop like rre and maybe they can help. 6 speed evo have weaker transmissions. Unfortunately.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    I got fixed by dealership and still six gear and reverse are giving me problems. :/

Quote Originally Posted by BLKMBA View Post
    I got fixed by dealership and still six gear and reverse are giving me problems. :/
    Which dealer? Was thinking of going to south coast, even though it'sliike 2 hrs away. Ive ju

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Quote Originally Posted by MR EVO9 View Post
    Which dealer? Was thinking of going to south coast, even though it'sliike 2 hrs away. Ive ju
    any dealer only going to be able to do so much. Unless you evo is completely stock. Try a race shop. I went to Puente hills. Great service. But there was only so much they could do. Try Muellerized. They did my suspension and they could at least advise you. Our give a call to road race engineering. They far from you but they like to help evo owners. Even recommendations.

There is an adjustment on the shifter base, it will let u adjust one of the cables
    http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/15117/normal_DSCN2557.JPG
    http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/15117/normal_DSCN2556.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by javicracer View Post
    There is an adjustment on the shifter base, it will let u adjust one of the cables
    Under the console correct? I will look up on how to do that. Thanks