Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tustin Evo Meet

Tustin Meet Coordinator RC10EVOX's Avatar
    Cars
    2010 WW Evo X

Tustin Evo Meet

I wanted to try and gauge interest for an Evo Meet in or around the Market Place in Tustin. The primary goal of this meet would be about having a cool laid back environment to talk about our cars and to better establish a network of fellow Evo owners. This might mean just hang out at the meet, be able to help people out working on each others cars, plan track days, auto-x or drag racing days.

What I wouldn't want this meet to be is just another street race ricer meet, there already seem to be too many of those! No huge groups leaving the meet to go race and record on video and post to social media, calling people out to race, revving your engine or just being a douche bag.

Anyways, if there is an interest in like minded people then I think this could be a good meet! Post any suggestions or comments you might have!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Update: 'SoCal Tustin Evo Meet' is a First Saturday of every Month!
    Tustin, CA 92782

At the end of the Best Buy parking lot near In-N-Out in the Tustin Market Place

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/479688462173646/

Next Meet: February 6th, 2016

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RC10EVOX; 02-04-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    I would be down for something like this on a Friday. how often do you think it should be held? I think weekly usually draws a smaller crowd from what ive seen in recent years.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2010 WW Evo X
    Good point Macky! I think at most bi-weekly, just because it is nice to have Fridays and Saturday open from time to time. The only problem I see with bi-weekly meets is that it is easy to mix up which week the meet is, but I wouldn't mind a bi-weekly meet.

I at least think a first Friday or Saturday type of thing is easy to remember?

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I would be down for something like this on a Friday. how often do you think it should be held? I think weekly usually draws a smaller crowd from what ive seen in recent years.
    Right? lol.

I think Bi- weekly would be cool and a bump of the thread for that weeks meet would help with the confusion. I'm down to try and get something started. I'm sure EdiREvo8 is down too. We tried having a weekly meet in Orange off the 55 and that pretty much failed but, I'm always down for a regular meet.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    dont do first friday, i cant make those lol. second friday maybe.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    evo8
    that sounds like a great idea i am always down to help out and get something started! if i could input any suggestions it would be that this meet would be better off satuday nights since on thursday people are going to the "Fullerton meet" and fridays people are at the "el toro meet". the meet that we tried bringing to life was on fridays and like rich said it was a total fail. with that being said i dont think this meet will grow on a friday night

bi-weekly is perfect that way people can make plans on one weekend and go the meet the next. hey i know i dont always have something to do on a Saturday night.. best of luck!

Cars
    2010 WW Evo X
    I'm fine with either Friday or Saturday, and have only been considering Friday more per Macky's request. However, depending on what most people want is what we'll do. So far it sounds like Bi-weekly is the way to go, and as this gets more traction I can create a FB group as well for invites and staying informed more easily.

To be honest it doesn't bother me if it is on Firday and conflicts with the El toro meet. I've been going to that meet for a long time and I'm kinda over it, besides most of the people that go to that meet would rather street race anyways and that's not the crowd I would like to attract anyways. So I think it would all work out.

Cars
    evo8
    Quote Originally Posted by RC10EVOX View Post
    I'm fine with either Friday or Saturday, and have only been considering Friday more per Macky's request. However, depending on what most people want is what we'll do. So far it sounds like Bi-weekly is the way to go, and as this gets more traction I can create a FB group as well for invites and staying informed more easily.

To be honest it doesn't bother me if it is on Firday and conflicts with the El toro meet. I've been going to that meet for a long time and I'm kinda over it, besides most of the people that go to that meet would rather street race anyways and that's not the crowd I would like to attract anyways. So I think it would all work out.
    i hear you i dont mid running my car here and there, the meet that we tried to start was a chill meet as well no racing whats so ever and not many came to it, just giving you some pointers on why ours failed so that you can use that for yours i guess the day would depend on the crowd and what days people can show

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    I'd be down to go and chill every once in a while lmk
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood
    Wtb AUTHENTIC! TB Jdm rear bumper

Evolved
    Cars
    AS EVO 8 SSL (sold), EB 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (#2)
    I always see about 3 different evo's in Tustin by Tustin Ranch and Irvine Blvd

Mr. Gangbang

The only thing about Saturdays is that, drivers are either young and go party, have a girl and that's their night to cool, or they have family functions going on. I honestly don't think Saturdays would be good. I'm down to come through but, iono if anyone else has Saturdays open as much as I do

Cars
    2010 WW Evo X
    Quote Originally Posted by silverevo05 View Post
    I always see about 3 different evo's in Tustin by Tustin Ranch and Irvine Blvd
    Lol, I'm sure I'm one of them! I live on Irvine Blvd and in my complex alone there are two other Evo X's (5 months ago there was another X and IX as well). Along with some friends that live in the immediate area, so definitely lots of Evo's in this area!

@EdiRevo8, thanks for the input!

Cars
    evo8
    no prob! let us know when this will start im down to check it out

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    yeah lets try and do a friday. saturdays get a little dicey from time to time.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    evo8
    i can do tuesday nights, just saying

Cars
    2014 Evo MR
    I'll cruise there for sure if its tonight!

Didn't we used to meet at that Best Buy parking lot in 2006-2007?

Cars
    2010 WW Evo X
    Well, next weekend I will be up at ShiftS3ctor in Coalinga, CA and the following Friday is Halloween (not sure how the turn out might be for that).

I'm thinking Saturday November 8th should be the first meet, and I think starting at 9pm sound good to everyone? In the mean time, I was thinking of trying to get a hold of the Market Place security and try and make sure that it is cool with them if we give them a heads up. Just so we don't just get kicked out right away.

I'm also thinking the end of the Best buy lot near In-N-out would seem good, but I'll have to scope out the place again and see how the lighting is.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
    Didn't we used to meet at that Best Buy parking lot in 2006-2007?
    yeah we used to do meets there. idk really why it fizzled out.

Quote Originally Posted by RC10EVOX View Post
    Well, next weekend I will be up at ShiftS3ctor in Coalinga, CA and the following Friday is Halloween (not sure how the turn out might be for that).

I'm thinking Saturday November 8th should be the first meet, and I think starting at 9pm sound good to everyone? In the mean time, I was thinking of trying to get a hold of the Market Place security and try and make sure that it is cool with them if we give them a heads up. Just so we don't just get kicked out right away.

I'm also thinking the end of the Best buy lot near In-N-out would seem good, but I'll have to scope out the place again and see how the lighting is.
    yeah i dont think halloween is a good time to do it, lets try and shoot for the 8th.

as far as security goes, i think parking as close to in n out and id everyone has a drink or something, they shouldnt give us any problems. well that and no tofu runs that got other meets shut down lol.

Sportback Evolution MR

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    yeah we used to do meets there. idk really why it fizzled out.
    yeah i dont think halloween is a good time to do it, lets try and shoot for the 8th.
    as far as security goes, i think parking as close to in n out and id everyone has a drink or something, they shouldnt give us any problems. well that and no tofu runs that got other meets shut down lol.
    lmao tofu runs. But yeah, as long as we aren't being idiots we should be ok.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast