Thread: Re-adjusted clutch pedal.Questions

Re-adjusted clutch pedal.Questions

i have an ACT hdss with RRE flywheel.I decided to adjust the clutch today after 5k miles.I did,acording to the how-to.I adjusted it to where it feels good going into every gear,but I did notice a BIG difference in engagement point.Now,it engages closer to the firewall,like 3-4 inches away.Is this ok?Before,it was higher.Thanks in advance

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Should be fine so long as you aren't getting any drag. Have you tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by TRE
    CLUTCH REALITY CHECK
    The easiest way to do the reality check of the clutch is to get all four tires in the air by placing the car on a hoist.
    1. Start the engine and put the car into 1st gear.
    2. Slowly let the clutch out until the wheels start to turn round and round.
    3. Now slowly push the clutch in until the wheel stop turning. Hold the clutch at this position.

4. At this point the clutch pedal should be at least 2-3 inches off the carpet. If not then the clutch needs adjustment and/or the clutch needs to be inspected for issues that are causing it not to release fully.
    The reason why the clutch should be this far off the floor at the engagement point is to allow enough room for movement of the clutch disc so it finds a nice center position between the flywheel and pressure plate. While this may be a tedious method to make sure clutch is functioning properly but this is the preferred method and the true reality check for where the clutch releases.