Just want to post this for others because I had to figure it out for myself. All the threads on this topic address low temperature, low speed braking. Maybe you know this already, but it was news to me. TL;DR try to position the pads in the recessed center of the rotor, rather than the very edges which stick out.

We all know aggressive brakes squeal when cold at low speeds, but what if your brakes have a deafening squeal during hard braking at high temperatures? This should not be happening, so here's what I did to solve my problem:

• Roll down windows and brake hard to try to narrow down the corner that the squeal is coming from.
  • Analyze the outer edges of your rotors for chips and imperfections, look for signs of "fresh" unusual wear that would indicate pads hitting things that they're not supposed to.
  • Take out the pads from the corner that you suspect the noise is coming from. Analyze the inner or outer edges of the pads. Look for shiny edges and signs of unusual wear. Consider how the pads may have been touching the outer edge of the rotor.
  • Carefully chamfer the outer or inner edges of the offending brake pads with a file. Remove just a bit of material, lets say a millimeter or two in order to round out the corners. This will prevent them from making contact with the outer edge of the rotor.
  • When reinstalling the pads consider using a rubber mallet to push them towards the center of the rotor, away from the outer edge where they made contact. Obviously the retaining pins will not allow a lot of movement, but even half a millimeter might do the trick.
  • Bonus Round: Besides the pad edges and shims, consider putting your preferred anti-squeal compound on the areas where the retaining pins make contact with the metal clip that holds the pads in place.

Doing all of the above fixed the horrendous death squeal during hard braking with my stock Brembo calipers and Project-Mu HC+800 pads. Now they sound like typical somewhat aggressive pads. They squeal only at low speeds at acceptable levels.