Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Evo 9 retrofitted head lights

Hey guys... I'm new on this forum and sorry to bring up an old thread. I've done a few retrofits for cars that didn't already have projectors and I plan on opening up my evo 8 headlights soon to paint them and possibly prep for a retrofit as I'm not impressed with the light output and cutoffs. I'll post some pictures when I do get around to it but in the mean time, if you have any questions about the process, I'll try to help out. The prices that people are quoting is a little steep, but having done three (plus helping others) I can see why they charge those prices. The work is very tedious and require a lot of patience and measuring.

Initially I wanted to buy a second set of headlights so I can start working on them on the side... I quickly found out that Evo headlights for 8/9 are not cheap lol. If anyone has any broken or damaged headlights (or cheap evo 8 headlights), PM me. I'll post up a nice step by step review.

Here's a link to my first attempt:
    http://my.is/forums/f90/my-first-ret...ini-h1-528305/

I used all cheap parts and the results came out pretty good, but I wasnt satisfied so I did a second retrofit with better parts (did not make a writeup for it) and it turned out really nice.

Happy modding, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by vietcious View Post
    Hey guys... I'm new on this forum and sorry to bring up an old thread. I've done a few retrofits for cars that didn't already have projectors and I plan on opening up my evo 8 headlights soon to paint them and possibly prep for a retrofit as I'm not impressed with the light output and cutoffs. I'll post some pictures when I do get around to it but in the mean time, if you have any questions about the process, I'll try to help out. The prices that people are quoting is a little steep, but having done three (plus helping others) I can see why they charge those prices. The work is very tedious and require a lot of patience and measuring.

Initially I wanted to buy a second set of headlights so I can start working on them on the side... I quickly found out that Evo headlights for 8/9 are not cheap lol. If anyone has any broken or damaged headlights (or cheap evo 8 headlights), PM me. I'll post up a nice step by step review.

Here's a link to my first attempt:
    http://my.is/forums/f90/my-first-ret...ini-h1-528305/

I used all cheap parts and the results came out pretty good, but I wasnt satisfied so I did a second retrofit with better parts (did not make a writeup for it) and it turned out really nice.

Happy modding, guys!
    Did you ever end up doing the retrofit on the headlights? I was thinking of going with s2k projectors. Theres a guy named Nampa that lives in granada hills that will be doing mine. We just havent discussed prices haha

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport
    Would love to retro fit the running lights and foglights.
    Havent had a chance to look into it. Please post info once you do.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Cars
    GG EVO IX MR
    man..i really wish someone would sell projectors already retrofited, instead of all the diy. I'm hamfisted and would be willing to pay a bit more to have it plug and play...kinda like how umnitza does angel eyes for older bmws.

I believe there's still some guys on EvoM that sell retrofitted headlights or send yours and they'll do it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345