Thread: Help with hks hipermax coilover III

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2011 GSR

Help with hks hipermax coilover III

Question : how do I adjust the ride hight on the hipermax coilover III system on my evo X ? I just purchased another evo used and the guy who I bought it from didn't know how to do it. I think I have an idea but don't want to do anything until I have confirmation. I've looked all over this forum but was unable to find anything specific . Any detailed info would be much appreciated.

Tustin Meet Coordinator RC10EVOX's Avatar
    Cars
    2010 WW Evo X
    There are only two methods of adjusting ride height that I know of with common coilovers.

1) The first is just by adjusting spring pre-load, often accompanied by a helper spring to keep the main spring from rattling around at full droop. The spring sits on one of the jam nuts like a spring perch followed by another jam nut that tightens up against the first to keep it from loosening.

2) The second type, is what you have (if I'm not mistaken) where you can adjust ride height independent of spring pre-load. The coilover body thread into a tube and is fixed into place with a jam nut. Loosening this jam nut allows you to thread the body up or down to adjust ride height.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2011 GSR
    I'll check that out. Thanks fellas